View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

I deeply appreciate the detailed explanations! This is all new to me.

I only make cards and a few small paper items such as gift card boxes, etc. so the fact it won't cut heavy material would be no problem for me.

If I understand this correctly all SCAL does is allow you to use SVG files with an electronic cutter so if I bought the "Studio Designer Edition" then I would not need SCAL. Correct?

The features listed on the Silhouette site say you can use any SVG files you find on the Net and elsewhere . It has a feature to keep all of your SVG files in a library including those you get from places other than Silhouette

How often to you need to replace the sticky mat and the cutting blade?

I realize the initial machine is a big investment, but I find it very attractive to be able able to buy SVG files for only 99 . Plus they are Vectors so I won't need to buy numerous sets of dies to have a range of sizes that I want.

I only make cards for family and friends and have some dies I have only used a few times . I don't want all of my cards to look alike .

It looks like this card making hobby will drag me " kicking and screaming" into the digital age
Thanks

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 04-19-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!