View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #48
debbiemom23cs
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineM View Post
Hi Kathi, thanks for the explanation. The main reason why I wanted to get the GC is because I wanted to create a frame with the Nestabilities dies but some how the results were disappointing. Then I located a video on how to make a frame and the author was using the Wizard with fantastic results. After viewing the video over and over again, tried many times with my BS, still couldn't get good results. Maybe I've done something incorrectly. I have no idea.

Yes, you are right that the logical choice is the GC because of the size. Do you have any idea if the GC also uses a magnetic sheet to keep the dies in place?

Thanks again.
The Grand Calibur does not use the magnetic spacer plate that the Wizard used. I have a Wizard and a Grand Calibur and I notice no difference in cutting/embossing pressure. Both machines are equally powerful!! I love the size of the Grand Calibur. I had my hubby take out the white tray that came in my Grand Calibur and 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of cardstock fits perfectly without trimming.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!