View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #43
CatherineM
Compulsive Stamper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi17 View Post
Hi Catherine, I don't think there are that many problems with the GC, it seems to be only a few who are posting here with problems out of the majority of us on SCS who have GCs. So many of us love ours, and have no problems with them.

I feel really bad that there are some defective machines, but it looks like Spellbinders is trying to help.

I'm sort of wondering why you are considering a Cuttlebug when you already have a BS? I have the Big Kick, (the same thing as BS), and can't see any point in getting a Cuttlebug too, since the only advantages of the Cuttlebug seem to be portability. They both take the same size paper.

I would look at a bigger machine, like the larger Sizzix one or the GC rather than another smaller one. I bought the GC mainly because of it's size, but I do like the fact that I seem to get better embossing with the Spellbinders type dies in the GC than I did in the BK, and I don't have to worry about shims. I can also cut and emboss more dies at once with the larger machine, which really saves time.

Unless you are looking for portability, I would look at a larger machine rather than one which is the same size. I'm loving my GC, and the large dies so I can make shaped cards.

(I'm not putting down the Cuttlebug in any way, it's a very nice machine, but there are so many advantages to the larger ones that if you already have a small one, why not upgrade and have the best of both worlds).
Hi Kathi, thanks for the explanation. The main reason why I wanted to get the GC is because I wanted to create a frame with the Nestabilities dies but some how the results were disappointing. Then I located a video on how to make a frame and the author was using the Wizard with fantastic results. After viewing the video over and over again, tried many times with my BS, still couldn't get good results. Maybe I've done something incorrectly. I have no idea.

Yes, you are right that the logical choice is the GC because of the size. Do you have any idea if the GC also uses a magnetic sheet to keep the dies in place?

Thanks again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!