View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #41
kathi17
Inking Addict

Hi Catherine, I don't think there are that many problems with the GC, it seems to be only a few who are posting here with problems out of the majority of us on SCS who have GCs. So many of us love ours, and have no problems with them.

I feel really bad that there are some defective machines, but it looks like Spellbinders is trying to help.

I'm sort of wondering why you are considering a Cuttlebug when you already have a BS? I have the Big Kick, (the same thing as BS), and can't see any point in getting a Cuttlebug too, since the only advantages of the Cuttlebug seem to be portability. They both take the same size paper.

I would look at a bigger machine, like the larger Sizzix one or the GC rather than another smaller one. I bought the GC mainly because of it's size, but I do like the fact that I seem to get better embossing with the Spellbinders type dies in the GC than I did in the BK, and I don't have to worry about shims. I can also cut and emboss more dies at once with the larger machine, which really saves time.

Unless you are looking for portability, I would look at a larger machine rather than one which is the same size. I'm loving my GC, and the large dies so I can make shaped cards.

(I'm not putting down the Cuttlebug in any way, it's a very nice machine, but there are so many advantages to the larger ones that if you already have a small one, why not upgrade and have the best of both worlds).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!