View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #1436
LindaBabe
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
You are welcome Sammie, and thank you Alyson. It's near and dear to my heart unfortunately.

I was being a little snotty when I asked that Sammie I'm always surprised at the "Well WHAT do you believe in?" view I hear about when people find out someone is an atheist. Um I believe in respecting people and things, being kind, educated, funny, honest, open and happy. I believe that the Earth rotates around the sun and bacon goes with everything. I believe that if you put out positive intentions you get back positive. I believe that tattoos, piercings, hairstyles, clothes and cars do NOT make the man. I believe that if I am a good human I get what I deserve whether that is good or bad depends on the day. I've had crap and sheer joy in my life and it never once made me question my belief. I believe witnessing is akin to trying to sell me something I don't want to buy. I believe my boys are sometimes the funniest creatures on the planet. I just don't believe in one "true god".
Finally! I've found you, my peers! A place where I might actually FIT IN! THANk you to the members of this thread for it's existance!

Amatore, the Moslems at my former workplace, before I retired, used to hold a meal after sunset during Ramadan, at which we were all welcome. Unlike your situation at the Seder, I remember being warmly welcomed and freely included. It's one of the few things about work that I miss.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!