View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #1426
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatore View Post
@StampinWrose-- a kelly green yarmulke! That's fantastic! I can see how your friend loved that little find.

Actually, speaking of that, I do have a grumble that I think (...hope!) fits in this forum.
Although we're not religious, we're curious about other cultures and traditions. The campus Hillel club (Jewish) hosted an open-to-the-public Passover seder last Thursday. Never having been to one, we attended. We got there early and found seats after helping out with some of the setup. It became very obvious very quickly that there were cliques within this club; not only did none of them sit anywhere near us, but freely threw stink-eyes the entire time. All the while, may I add, performing this ancient ritual about rising above persecution! I mean, wow... talk about chutzpah, literally!
We ended up leaving early... no doubt to sotto voce mutters about being disrespectful of the Jewish culture.

No, I don't think now that all Jews are this way. But to holler about religious intolerance... then make it clear outsiders are unwelcome, especially while doing that hollering... okay, I can't finish this sentence. I can only shake my head and get back to homework.
Yeah that is pretty ballsy.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!