View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #470
Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

As for my April budget, I'm doing GREAT! Haven't spent a nickel!!

I can't take a lot of credit for not spending. Truth is, I've been sidetracked and have not been in a crafting mode the past few weeks.

I've got a week left to my subscription so I've been frantically trying to verify family heritage members. There's lots of speculation and even outright wrong info perpetuated on The hard part is finding data to back up or rule out family members. And keeping it all straight--even with genealogy software--tends to use up these tired old brain cells! LOL

It's been an on and off four-year hunt, but I've got everything verified back to my great, great grandparents on my maternal and paternal sides--even those of my mother's father, whom she never knew. I've also got a good start at verifying much of the speculated info on my next two-three generations back but with Indian heritage on my dad's side, I doubt I'll ever take that line back any farther than the Dawes rolls.

It's been a wonderful experience. When my subscription expires, I'll take a break for awhile but I'm already looking forward to renewing my search efforts. Hopefully I'll be able to do that later this year.
Melissa59 ♥
S2S2015:-$114.23 (11/04/2015)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!