View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #469
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBeth1976 View Post
I also need to make table decorations, signs, banners, etc., for my Mom's upcoming 90th birthday party in May...I'm going to try to use what I have on hand, but I'm sure I'll need to purchase some stuff. Since this will be for someone else, does that mean it doesn't count towards my crafting budget?
LizBeth, I think you should get bonus points--and maybe a little spending reward--for using your stash to make 90th Birthday party decorations! What a wonderful way to use up your stash ... and what a fabulous reason to celebrate!!

Debby, I think staying out of stores is a great idea, especially since you already have monthly kits coming to your house. When I'm browsing the stores, I often see something that I wish I had or want to buy and usually it's something that I don't need. Last time I was in Michaels it was to buy a calligraphy marker. I went in, got the marker and left without glancing at the scrapbook section. Oh how freeing that was!

mamamouse, I have long wanted that build a pennants punch! I hope to get it before the summer. I think it will be great for scrapbook pages and celebration type cards. Have you used yours yet? Do you always use it with the stamps or do you find yourself using it without? I ask because I'm not sure if I need the coordinating stamps as long as I use printed paper instead of plain.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!