View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #1419
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelini View Post
Okay, I have a question for the Catholic crowd . . .

As I've said previously (I think), I was raised Anabaptist, but married a Christmas-Easter Catholic (kinda opposite scales, on the Christian line). Because of other reasons, our kids have ended up in Catholic school (other than the religion, so far a good thing). Anyway, Sunday was Easter, so we were at mass. There was extra-incense, I'm sure. I despise the smell (my husband likes, so I guess others do too). It permeated my whole self. First I got headache (it did wear off). Then it started irritating my eyes. I was trying to subtly cover my nose and breathe, but by the end of mass, my mouth was bone dry, and my throat was burning. Apparently I was looking "pained." I really was--but trying not to (don't get me started on the music, which also caused pain!!). Anyway, I met my family at the van and told them I was walking home. It was a glorious spring day, and my reward for suffering through it was breathing deeply the warm spring sunshine!

So does incense in church make anyone else sick? I see the Catholic church has put out a warning for alter-kids, but anyone else? I can't believe I'm the only person who feels sick. Is this entirely psycho-psychosomatic?
I hated it when I was a kid, and just thinking of it, not great, but not quite so bad. I have not minded some incense at home on occasion, but DH hates it so I pretty much only burn it if he's not around.

Abby: So, what about you, Gibbs? You got any fetishes?
Gibbs: I have three ex-wives. I don't have time for fetishes.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!