View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #1418
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMel2 View Post
So, my question of the hour is this: When holiday or sympathy cards go out, what sort of cards do you make? My dilema has always been whether or not to use a religious sentiment because of the person I am sending the card to. I feel kind of silly stamping a bible verse or something of the like on a card; but then the other side of me says that if the recipient believes, why not just stamp it right on there What do you do?
I also don't use religious sentiments, especially bible verses! I will put Merry Christmas on some of my cards, but not most. But my cards aren't religious either. Christmas is a very secular holiday - or can be.

I also celebrate St. Pat's Day but only because I'm Irish.

I have a few Jewish friends and they get Christmas cards (and send some!) but will get the "Season's Greetings" or "Peace on Earth."

I have been told that the Stampin' Up set, Thoughts and Prayers, has a different name and NONE of the "praying" stamps in the set in the UK version.

My closest Jewish friend always sends me St. Pat's cards, too. And another Jewish friend, when we lived in Florida, would wear his Kelly green yarmulke to my St. Pat's parties. He was not orthodox and rarely went to temple, but he found that thing and loved it.

So I guess my friends and I simply aren't the seriously religious types - or not at all. (Me=not at all)

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!