Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart How to Paper Piece a Digital Stamp!

How to paper piece a Digital Stamp!

Who loves Paper Piecing? I do!! I do!! Did you know you could paper piece a digital stamp? Today I'll share with you a quick tutorial on this fun and easy technique!

Today we are going to paper piece together this fun little digi stamp - a heart with wings! I'll start with my card supply list.

Winged Hearts Digi Stamps (3 piece set) - Tiffany Doodles
Labels 10 - Spellbinders
Designer Paper - Paisley Road by Prima
Sentiment - letter stamps by Paper Studio

So, lets start by printing our digi stamp onto regular copy paper. I start out by printing the stamp 3 times on 1 sheet of copy paper. Make sure they are all the same size. I want to do the heart with the pretty turquoise flower paper so I cut a piece big enough to fit over the heart. Then I cut a pink paper to cover 1 side of wings and orange for the other side.... (I changed this to more colors later.... you'll see).

The next step is to tape the paper over your digis! I use the blue painters tape b/c it peels off easily. Be sure you cover the whole area that you'll be cutting out later.

Also, make sure you tape the top corners for sure, b/c your paper will be more likely to jam if you don't, like mine did! I smooshed it out really good hoping it would run through again after I taped it better!

It ran through again just fine!! After you print, you'll see it printed right on top of your designer paper!

Something to keep in mind when you are taping your paper down. Make sure your tape doesn't cover any part of your stamp. When you are taping you can't actually tell, but you can slightly lift your paper to make sure! I almost got too close on the top right pink wing! Any closer and I would have to do over! =)

Now you have your paper pieces ready to cut! However, it was at this point that I decided to add more colors to my wings!

I used the same piece of copy paper b/c I needed 3 digis stamped the same size again. The same paper was still usable since I carefully removed my tape the time before. So I printed again with my new colors!

Here are all of my final pieces I used for the Winged Heart I had in mind!

Next I printed a single heart (same size) onto a sheet of card stock and cut it out. I glued the pieces to it to make a sturdy single piece to place on my card with pop dots!

And here is my final product! All pieced together!

I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial! If you have an idea for a tutorial - just let me know!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

What a great tutorial you have explained it really well and your card looks spectacular!!
Cheers

My Gallery - MyBlog

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow" - Kurt Vonnegut
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

THANK YOU...I am ssssoooooo going to try this!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb Cameo!

Thanks for the incredible tutorial! I think a lot of people forget that we can print on paper on TOP of paper. I've even taped ribbon to my paper and printed on that!

I'm going to try this, but instead use the "print and cut" feature on my Cameo! Print to make the digital stamp on top of my patterned paper, and cut to do the fussy-cutting for me!

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic!!
Reply With Quote Likes