View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #1410
nickelini
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkes View Post
I never use religious sentiments on any sort of card because first and foremost I need to be be true to myself. For sympathy cards I put a sentiment I would like to hear. It may be just 'Thinking of you' or 'I'm so sorry for your loss'. Even a devoutly religious person would not be offended by that.
I gave up doing Christmas cards several years ago and now I send New Year cards to people I want to stay in contact with. New Year cards are easy: Happy New Year' is all you need!
Stephanie
I completely agree. You have to be true to what's inside you. There are so many nice things you can say. I do still send Christmas cards because I think it's every bit as much a secular holiday as a religious one--I will gladly send "peace on Earth", but no manger scenes. And I might say "Season's Greetings" or I might not. I have a Jewish friend who faithfully sends beautiful holiday "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" cards, so her just-being-niceness has influenced me.

View My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!