View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #1647
Suzy800
Hardware Hotshot

Good evening ladies......I just got home from a very interesting and adventurous Easter weekend at the cabin. Got there Thursday night to 12 degrees celcius and hardly any snow left. Started snowing Friday and by Saturday morning we had over 18 inches of snow, had no power, and no way out. We were snowed in and had no idea when we were going to get power back. We were very inventive over the next 31 hours without power from using our wood stove to boil water and cook on, to baking cookies in the BBQ and building puzzles with the Grandkids by candle light and flashlights. We went toboganning down our hill (which is the road in front of our cabin), colored Easter Eggs, had one of my boys jumping off our deck into the snow bank below (I can stand up under our deck), getting water out of our big water tank with ice cream pails tied to ropes to fill up 5-gal pails so we could flush toilets. Made toast on the BBQ, had to take all the food out of the freezer and put it in tubs out on the deck so it would stay frozen.....but the tip of the ice burg was when we ended up with a chimney fire this afternoon in the cabin....NOT FUN AT ALL!!! We managed to get it put out after our cabin filled with smoke and we had everyone get their butts out of the cabin. I had visions of all our hard work going up in smoke. I ended up with a pretty sore throat out of the ordeal but everything turned out okay and everyone was safe at the end of the day. It took us an extra hour to drive home cause the roads were so bad....I don't think I've ever been sooooo glad to get home!!! I'm exhausted and am going to bed now.....goodnight my friends!!

Mycraftingtherapyroom
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!