View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
Margscardcrazy
Proud Fan Club Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellena317 View Post
I was an SU demo and have all the markers. They are great for coloring directly on stamps which is something you would not do with your copics. If you have a preference for open line image stamps that you want to color in- I suggest going with copics. It is nice to have your SU matches in copics to match all your papers inks ribbons etc...but as the previous poster said make sure you get 2 or 3 of the same color family for blending. When buying you should always select a light and a medium/dark marker in the same color family for optimum blending. If you are not blending then you are not getting the value out of your copics. I have a link on the sidebar of my blog that has frequently used color combinations for copics that I compiled from visiting various blogs and seeing what color combos other people liked to use. Just click on the picture of the copic marker cap. Here is a great blog post by Rachel with color selections to get you started too.
Hi Michelle and everyone else, you can use copic markers direct to stamp and it is quite easy all you need is a little alcohol hand wash gel (I have one of those pocket mimi tubes) dab a little on the end of your finger then dap this onto a bit of paper to take off the excess (you only need a very small amount) then dab what remains onto your stamp, then colour with your copic and stamp
Cheers

Marg down under

My Gallery - My Blog
To practice any art no matter how well or badly is to let the soul soar!

Last edited by Margscardcrazy; 04-06-2012 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Typo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!