View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
ChaosMom
Watercolor Wizard

Love Memory Box and love Cheery Lynn Dies - they are among the most intricate. You can use the metal shim that was referred to earlier to give complete flat coverage for the entire die. I also use a piece of waxed paper or bakery tissue layered between the paper and the die that I'm using -- helps pop the final product out of the die more easily.... I don't use the metal die as the cutting surface but as a shim on top of the die (I use all my dies cutting down as opposed to many who use the die cutting up)

Not to steal the thread (sorry don't mean to) but Cheery Lynn dies are as intricate and they've posted a bunch of videos on how best to use their dies Here: Videos: Cheery Lynn Designs: Our Magical Dies work in your favorite table-top machine

You may want to check them out -- same techniques work with all of the new very detailed dies --- I've had no problems cutting when using the metal shim -- it makes ALL the difference in the world.

Love Memory Box and Cheery Lynn dies - have many of both and have had no problems and some "finer" details than the die being referenced.

Good Luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!