View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #461
T. Joy
Gallery Gazer

Hi all! I haven't been on for awhile, but reading back it looks like everyone is doing a great job thinking through their spending. Let's see... April's question... The time I have a hard time buying just one thing - no matter what it is - is when I'm buying online and there is free shipping if I spend XXX amount of dollars. It kills me to spend $5 - $7 on shipping (even though the gas for going to the store might cost me more...) when I could spend "just a little more" and get the shipping for free. Sometimes, if I'm close to the free shipping amount it does make sense to up it to that point, but if I only need to place a $10 order for kraft paper or adhesive or I'd like to get one stamp set from a new release, and I find myself trying to dig out an extra $40 from somewhere, well, that's a problem!

You know, one of the things I almost wish I had never done was get away from being an SU only girl. When that was my only choice I planned my spending much better. I picked sets I would use over and over again and I didn't worry so much about having the newest embellishments and designer paper. I joined the challenges on SCS and didn't worry about the multitude of others out there, and I didn't feel like I had to keep up with the latest trends. What are your thoughts on that? Are any of you a "one company" person??

Tricia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!