Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts
Default Sunday, April 1, 8pm TAKE THE LEAP: Leap for Joy

Title: Leap For Joy
Hostess: Sharon (smadson)
Keyword: LeapVSBN12
Day/Date: April 1, 2012
Time: 8:00 PM

I immediately thought of �Leap for Joy� when I saw the theme for our VSBN. Since then, I even read a passage in the Bible about when Mary, pregnant with Jesus visited her cousin Elizabeth who was pregnant with John the Baptist. The babe in Elizabeth's womb leaped in her womb at Mary's greeting. I am thinking leaped in joy , knowing the Savior was near. There are many situations when I think that I wanted to leap for joy, or that someone I love wanted to leap for joy!

My challenge: For you to scrap something that made you or someone you love want to leap for joy. But there is a twist. You must use something on your page that begins with each letter in the word Joy.
For example for �J� it could be the title starts with the letter J, or you could use jute fiber, or a jack-0-lanterns, or a jack rabbit, or I am sure you are more creative than me.
For �O� it could be the color orange, or oval shapes, or a technique that begins with this letter.
For �Y� It could be yellow, or a yacht, or I do not want to stunt your creativeness by restricting you.

Just have fun!!

Here is my SAMPLE

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge...leave a little luv for everyone!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, April 8, 2012

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapVSBN12when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors

Have fun!

Sharon
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

This IS a challenge! I will have to do some thinking on this one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

This is one that I should be able to do. Now to decide on a picture amoungst my millions that I want to scrap. I'll check in later . I don't have the luxury of a laptop so I have to scrap upstairs and go on the computer downstairs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi! Glad you are going to take the challenge! I have to say I made the challenge, then did my page. It was a challenge to me!! Put on your thinking caps. I acan't wait to see what you come up with!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Military WifeView Post
This is one that I should be able to do. Now to decide on a picture amoungst my millions that I want to scrap. I'll check in later . I don't have the luxury of a laptop so I have to scrap upstairs and go on the computer downstairs.
That is what I had to do, until my DH told me to get a laptop. He was tired of me getting on his computer to print off journaling or to upload a photo! Wow! I couldn't believe he told me to do that. And I have loved it. My DSIL then fixed it so I can print from my laptop to our main printer! Wow how cool is that! I know I am blessed to have this laptop.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a neat challenge idea. You ladies all thought of such good things for this theme. I had nothing...zip! Other than leap frog...not very imaginative at all!

DGS is done eating his daily dose of ice cream so it's off to get ready for bed since school is tomorrow.

Be back soon

Last edited by eeddmm; 04-01-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
That is what I had to do, until my DH told me to get a laptop. He was tired of me getting on his computer to print off journaling or to upload a photo! Wow! I couldn't believe he told me to do that. And I have loved it. My DSIL then fixed it so I can print from my laptop to our main printer! Wow how cool is that! I know I am blessed to have this laptop.

Sharon
Laptops are the best! DH always asks what I want for Christmas and I never know! Last year I asked for a laptop so that I could do scrapping on my own computer instead of the one that DGS and I shared and then he got me the newest PSE #9 to go with it...it was one of the best christmas presents I had ever gotten. It's great to take along on trips too. Keeps my mind off the road while DH drives ;). I can't be a "backseat" driver then if I'm not minding the road for him . I still haven't figured out how to print using the wireless. DH has tried to hook it up but we haven't been able to make it work yet..maybe one day. I'm in no real hurry since I don't usually use it for printing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
Laptops are the best! DH always asks what I want for Christmas and I never know! Last year I asked for a laptop so that I could do scrapping on my own computer instead of the one that DGS and I shared and then he got me the newest PSE #9 to go with it...it was one of the best christmas presents I had ever gotten. It's great to take along on trips too. Keeps my mind off the road while DH drives ;). I can't be a "backseat" driver then if I'm not minding the road for him . I still haven't figured out how to print using the wireless. DH has tried to hook it up but we haven't been able to make it work yet..maybe one day. I'm in no real hurry since I don't usually use it for printing.
I don't know how my Son in law did it. But a Christmas when they were here he did it. He also downloaded lots of fonts for me and a word process program. I didn't think when I bought my laptop that I would need that.
But now I can do everything on here and print! The more you do on the computer the more you want it to do!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

I decided what pictures I want to do but unfortunately they are not printed off. Many other pics are but not the ones I need. I decided to do my son when he won a medal at the Kub Kar Rally. I have a great picture of him screaming encouragement at his car. Guess I'll have to send them to be printed tomorrow and do this challenge tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to work on any of the challenges so I guess I will work on another one tonight and do this one tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Military WifeView Post
I decided what pictures I want to do but unfortunately they are not printed off. Many other pics are but not the ones I need. I decided to do my son when he won a medal at the Kub Kar Rally. I have a great picture of him screaming encouragement at his car. Guess I'll have to send them to be printed tomorrow and do this challenge tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to work on any of the challenges so I guess I will work on another one tonight and do this one tomorrow.
Sounds like a good choice for the challenge. I will look for yours tomorrow.
What is nice now, is I don't have to do a challenge. This one is done, so I can just go back and look and the gallery and chat with you all! Fun being a hostess. Although, I was stressed a little trying to get the challenge up. I had it all ready, and then went to copy where the gallery was and lost everything and had to begin all over. LOL

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

This is a fun challenge, Sharon! I'm looking for pictures now!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Sounds like a good choice for the challenge. I will look for yours tomorrow.
What is nice now, is I don't have to do a challenge. This one is done, so I can just go back and look and the gallery and chat with you all! Fun being a hostess. Although, I was stressed a little trying to get the challenge up. I had it all ready, and then went to copy where the gallery was and lost everything and had to begin all over. LOL

Sharon
Looks like you took care of it! If you ever need help with posts or anything else someone is always around! All you have to do is ask!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I hear the rain! I might be out for a little bit :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #15  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking I'm Here

Hi Sharon! Great Challenge. I have the picts and papers selected for this. I even have the sketch so I'm working on the page, just didn't get the picts printed today like I thought I would. After church we decided to look for some shoes for DS and it took longer than I planned so I didn't stop to print ... kwim? ;)

I was just uploading my other pages ... so much easier when it's instant upload so I wanted to get those into the gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

I'm back. Getting DGS to bed is sometimes like the Family Circus comic strip. We bounce from one thing to another until I can tie him down to the bed and make him stay Tonight at the end he decided he needed to have his hair cut. "what?" He told me he wakes up in the night and his head is all sweaty so now he needs his hair cut. We've been trying for weeks to get it at least trimmed and now he finally decides (and at bedtime, of course) He's such a trip at times...just makes you smile all the time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

My DD, SIL, DGD and DGS are driving in from Colorado at the end of next month to visit for about a week and I've been trying to clean out the "junk" bedroom so they have a place to sleep while they are here. I tried to sell my big HP color photo printer at my last garage sale but no one bought it. I even had extra ink cartridges for it so I think I'm gonna set it up and when they get here, I'll take lots of photos and print them off right away so they have them to take back to CO when they go. DGD LOVES the photo books she's gotten from her grandmas here in PA and I've got extra albums she could put the 4x6 pics into to remember her visit with us all. I don't really use it anymore but I might as well get the use out of it since I bought all the supplies and I've got lots of photo paper as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Hi Sharon! Great Challenge. I have the picts and papers selected for this. I even have the sketch so I'm working on the page, just didn't get the picts printed today like I thought I would. After church we decided to look for some shoes for DS and it took longer than I planned so I didn't stop to print ... kwim? ;)

I was just uploading my other pages ... so much easier when it's instant upload so I wanted to get those into the gallery
Thank you! I am glad you will be participating. I will go look in the gallery now at your other pages!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

My DD, SIL, DGD and DGS are driving in from Colorado at the end of next month to visit for about a week and I've been trying to clean out the "junk" bedroom so they have a place to sleep while they are here. I tried to sell my big HP color photo printer at my last garage sale but no one bought it. I even had extra ink cartridges for it so I think I'm gonna set it up and when they get here, I'll take lots of photos and print them off right away so they have them to take back to CO when they go. DGD LOVES the photo books she's gotten from her grandmas here in PA and I've got extra albums she could put the 4x6 pics into to remember her visit with us all. I don't really use it anymore but I might as well get the use out of it since I bought all the supplies and I've got lots of photo paper as well.
You bet! Those cartridges are expensive! I want a new printer, but will use this one until it quits. I really don't like the way it prints off photos thoughtl I mostly use it for journaling!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurasfaithView Post
I hear the rain! I might be out for a little bit :(
We'll be here! Miss you while you are gone.

sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
This is a fun challenge, Sharon! I'm looking for pictures now!
Hi Wendy! You must of snuck in while DH and I were having our sandwiches!
I will look for your page!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

That is a long drive! It will be nice to visit though, great chance for some new photos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I'm back. Getting DGS to bed is sometimes like the Family Circus comic strip. We bounce from one thing to another until I can tie him down to the bed and make him stay Tonight at the end he decided he needed to have his hair cut. "what?" He told me he wakes up in the night and his head is all sweaty so now he needs his hair cut. We've been trying for weeks to get it at least trimmed and now he finally decides (and at bedtime, of course) He's such a trip at times...just makes you smile all the time
So funny! So, I am currious, did you cut his hair?

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #24  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Have everything all picked out for my page but can not keep my eyes open. I tell you at my age a 15 month old grandchild wears you out! But I am so VERY thankful for her she is our 3 pounder from last year and we are so happy to have her up and running around gettting into everything. Was a great weekend but this gramma needs a nap! Night all!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Have everything all picked out for my page but can not keep my eyes open. I tell you at my age a 15 month old grandchild wears you out! But I am so VERY thankful for her she is our 3 pounder from last year and we are so happy to have her up and running around gettting into everything. Was a great weekend but this gramma needs a nap! Night all!
Those babies do keep you hopping! Good night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Good night Patii! I understand; when I visit my grandkids, I need a nap every day! LOL

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

So funny! So, I am currious, did you cut his hair?

Sharon
No! Just imagine Justin Bieber before he got his hair cut. That's how long his is right now and he'll need to go to the barber to get the long stuff cut. I only have one style that I can manage and that's 1/4" short. I buzzed DH tonight though so he's good for a few weeks again. It's been so hot here lately that I'm surprised DGS hasn't asked to have it cut before now. Tonight was just a stall tactic to stay up later than 8:30 and our regular barber is closed on Mondays. DGS starts baseball practice on Tuesday so he's gonna have to wait until at least Wednesday to go to the barber. I did have an appointment to get his hair trimmed when I go to the beautician on Friday since it's Good Friday and the schools are closed but I'm not sure now if he'll last that long. We'll see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Those babies do keep you hopping! Good night!
Isn't that the truth! I know how tired I get with the 8 yo DGS so I can only imagine how exhausted I'm gonna be when the 6 yo and 9 month old gets here! And I'll still be working full time that week. I sure hope DD will be nice enough to do cooking for everyone while they are here I'll have to suggest that in some upcoming phone conversations.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Isn't that the truth! I know how tired I get with the 8 yo DGS so I can only imagine how exhausted I'm gonna be when the 6 yo and 9 month old gets here! And I'll still be working full time that week. I sure hope DD will be nice enough to do cooking for everyone while they are here I'll have to suggest that in some upcoming phone conversations.....
That stinks that you have to work while your family is visiting. I sometimes try to get my ds to miss school and go to work for me but he won't;) I tell him he can keep the money he would make that day! (I'm a hairstylist)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

That stinks that you have to work while your family is visiting. I sometimes try to get my ds to miss school and go to work for me but he won't;) I tell him he can keep the money he would make that day! (I'm a hairstylist)
That's funny! I think they are planning on spending most of the days going and visiting other family members and DGS still has to go to school everyday so I'm not too sure they'll be at my house too much that week other than evenings and sleeping but just thinking about the extra uproar makes me tired!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Right in the middle of typing, my laptop said to find a power source! I guess I have never used the battery until it ran out before. I think it is good for 4 or 5 hours. I have had it with me carrying it around all day!
Anyway, was going to say (now that I am plugged in) that I am glad I am retired!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

That's funny! I think they are planning on spending most of the days going and visiting other family members and DGS still has to go to school everyday so I'm not too sure they'll be at my house too much that week other than evenings and sleeping but just thinking about the extra uproar makes me tired!
When my kids come, daughter, SIL, 3 grans, it is very tiring. But I love it!
But when they leave, DH, and I clean and then crash! LOL

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Terry, I just saw your Expedition Everest in the gallery. That is an awesome LO!
Wow!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #34  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Right in the middle of typing, my laptop said to find a power source! I guess I have never used the battery until it ran out before. I think it is good for 4 or 5 hours. I have had it with me carrying it around all day!
Anyway, was going to say (now that I am plugged in) that I am glad I am retired!

Sharon
I think every time I pick up the laptop the last person that had it let the battery go completely dead and didn't charge it back up. So frustrating! Glad to have you back!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I think every time I pick up the laptop the last person that had it let the battery go completely dead and didn't charge it back up. So frustrating! Glad to have you back!;)
You kept the ball rolling. Thank you

I was looking at your gallery, and when I click on your last page, it goes to the baseball page. Before you click on it, it looks like a red page with 100 on it. What's up with that? Is it me, or is something goofy?

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Thank you to everyone who participated in the challenges this weekend. Remember you have until 10pm on April 8th to upload your pages to be considered for recognition. That will give you some time to catch up on some challenges you missed or just didn't get uploaded. I always struggle to keep up with the challenge times. Sometimes I have to go back and catch up. I think this was a great weekend and I am so thankful that you all made my first time moderating such a smooth one! You are a great group to work with! Don't forget to check out the galleries for the challenges and leave some comments for all the wonderful pages! Thank you again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #37  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

You kept the ball rolling. Thank you

I was looking at your gallery, and when I click on your last page, it goes to the baseball page. Before you click on it, it looks like a red page with 100 on it. What's up with that? Is it me, or is something goofy?

Sharon
When I originally uploaded the red page I added the wrong keyword. I went back to edit it but it didn't change the photo so the only way I know to fix that is to delete it and start over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

my page:
Leap for Joy by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #39  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Terry, I just saw your Expedition Everest in the gallery. That is an awesome LO!
Wow!

Sharon
Thank you. That is the style I like the most with scrapping...plain and simple.

I am looking forward to the year that I can retire but that's at least 10 years off and DGS should be graduated from high school by then. Then it'll be REALLY quiet around the house (I should have lots of time to scrap then )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #40  
Gallery Gazer

Well...goodnight all. It's been a wonderful VSBN and thanks to all of you for moderating and hostessing and coming up with all those great ideas. I hope to get the chance to work on more of the challenges this week before the deadline.
Reply With Quote Likes