Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAKE THE LEAP MASTER THREAD

Title: Froggie went a-courtin'
Hostess: lurasfaith (Lura)
Keyword: LeapMiniVSBN02
Day/Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Time: 8:30 PM

Frogs are the first things that entered my mind when I thought about Leap Year. I'm not sure why, but I hope you have fun with it! (Sorry if the song gets stuck in your head!) I couldn't find lyrics and a video that matched so it is fine to use either version of the song.

My Challenge:
Use something in this SONG or VIDEO

Here is my SAMPLE page.

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge...leave a little luv for everyone!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, April 8, 2012
2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.
3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapMiniVSBN02 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors

Last edited by Lmn; 05-09-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gallery Gazer

Title: Four by Four
Hostess: Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419)
Keyword: LeapMiniVSBN01
Day/Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Time: 6:30 PM

Leap year happens every four years and this Leap Year my girlfriends daughter is celebrating her 4th birthday…even though she’s now Sweet 16! We will be celebrating Caroline’s 4th birthday with a fun challenge…here are the four elements you need to include:

1) Use four – 4x4 photos
2) Use the sketch for Inspiration (does not need to be exact, use as a springboard to your own creativity)
3) Include journaling
4) Use four decorative elements (bonus if they are 'sweet')
SKETCH: If you're viewing the sketch via the attachment, the white base 12 x 12 paper did not show up so just imagine it (FYI, the grey is 11 x 11)

Here is my SAMPLE page.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL miniVSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Time spent is cumulative; just keep your total time per challenge under the 2 hour limit. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapMiniVSBN01 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MiniVSBNSketch1.jpg (69.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Lmn; 05-25-2012 at 07:12 PM..
Die Cut Diva

Title: Add One More
Hostess: Bekah (rdoak03)
Keyword: LeapVSBN03
Day/Date: Friday, March 30, 2012
Time: 6:00 PM, EST

My challenge:
We all know that during a Leap Year, we add one more day to the month of February. For this challenge, you will take a scrapbook sketch and ADD ONE MORE ELEMENT to create your page. You must use one of the sketches provided, and add one more (and only one more) photo, embellishment, layer, etc. than the sketch calls for. Feel free to change the size of the layout, orientation of the photos, or type of embellishment (i.e., substitute flowers for buttons, etc.) Please link to the sketch you used and tell us what you added in the description section.

Sketches:
SBSC 170 New 4 U by Salster - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

SBSC 147 SBSC147 ~ FREEDOM by Salster - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

SBSC 288 SBSC288 by Salster - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Pencil Lines 234 sketches: Sketch 234

Page Maps PageMaps: Punky Sprouts sketch contest **contest closed**

52 Sketches, 52 Weeks * Sketch #50*by*52 Sketches�52 Weeks

Here is my SAMPLE page:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, April 8, 2012

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Time spent is cumulative; just keep your total time per challenge under the 2 hour limit.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapMiniVSBN03 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Title: Leaping to Conclusions
Hostess: Cheryl (Motherload)
Keyword: LeapVSBN04
Day/Date: Friday, March 30, 2012
Time: 8pm EST

When I think of leaping, the first phrase that comes to mind is �Leaping to Conclusions.� How often do we hear or see something and we don�t wait for the end, we just leap to a conclusion regarding what it�s about? For this challenge, I would like you to create a layout that makes people leap to a conclusion, and then spring a surprise on them. For example, your title could have a hidden part or use some word play, or your pictures could only show part of the story and everyone has to read the journaling to get the real story. Get creative, and please keep us guessing!

Here is my SAMPLE page.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Time spent is cumulative; just keep your total time per challenge under the 2 hour limit. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapVSBN04 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

Glitter Guru

Title: Childhood Games
Hostess: Michele (fmtinsley)
Keyword:LeapVSBN05
Day/Date: Sat. March 31, 2012
Time: 2:00pm

As I was trying to think of a challenge for this VSBN, the childhood game, Leapfrog, kept coming to me. I remember playing this as a child and the more kids playing the better it was. It really brings back the memories of childhood. Other games I remember are Red Light Green Light, Simon Says, Hopscotch and Red Rover. So I decided to let my childhood memories inspire my challenge.

My challenge:
*Use a favorite game from your childhood for your inspiration.
*You must use a minimum of 3 photos because Leapfrog wasn�t a single player game and it wasn�t as much fun with just two people.
*be sure to tell us what game inspired you

Here is my SAMPLE page: Spinning Partners

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD, LeapVSBN05, when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 04-13-2012 at 03:22 AM..
Hardware Hotshot

Title: Jump Right In!
Hostess: Heather (hcarnes)
Keyword: LeapVSBN06
Day/Date: Saturday, March 31, 2012
Time: 4 PM (EST)

When I first heard the VSBN theme, my first thought was all of the "big leaps" we take in life, things we JUMP right in to - marriage, commitment to a significant other, having children, moving cross-country, taking the trip of a lifetime, accepting a new job ... the list goes on. What big jump to your mind? What have you JUMPed into? This challenge focuses on the story - your story.

My challenge:
Create a page that tells the story of a big leap (JUMP) you took.
J - Just ONE. Chose some element on your page to highlight, but make sure there is only one (DSP, photo, color, button, flower, whatever you choose).
U - Unravel the details of your story in journaling. Bonus points for creating a clever title!
M - Movable element. Leap and jump both involve motion, right? Make your page interactive in some way.
P - Product alert! Choose a product, tool, or embellishment that you don't use often and remind yourself why you loved it enough to buy it!

Here is my SAMPLE page: Antique Dreams

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapVSBN06 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

Compulsive Stamper

Title: Take A Leap In Time
Hostess: Tammy (Tammartcards)
Keyword: LeapVSBN07
Day/Date: Sat, March 31
Time: 6pm

How about letting us take a leap in time with you and what a great way to do that than creating a wonderful layout of that special event or milestone in your life or someone elses.
My challenge: Pick a series of pictures to chronicle a specific period in the past with current correlating pictures of the present. Whether it�s pictures of a child�s 1st birthday and now 21st birthday or maybe a daughter as a child playing with dolls and now holding her own baby (get the picture.) Now your challenge is to create a 1 or 2 page layout with this Leap In Time Theme.

Here is my SAMPLE page:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapVSBN07 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg A Leap In Time.jpg (67.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 04-13-2012 at 03:28 AM..
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

Title: Leap of Faith
Hostess: lutheran (Mary Beth)
Keyword: LeapVSBN08
Day/Date: Saturday, March 31
Time: 8 p.m. EDT

Get our your photos and share with us your Leap of Faith. Changed careers? Moved to a new town? Walked the 3Day? Taken a mission trip? There are monumental events in our lives that truly are a Leap of Faith.

Use journaling to tell the whole story, hide it creatively if you choose. For dessert, add a stamped embellishment or two.

Here is my Sample Page

Here is the Gallery for this challenge.

Uploading instructions:
1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 p.m. EDT SUNDAY, APRIL 8. 2012.

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your upload description.

3. Please use the correct keyword: LeapVSBN08 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission my not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this thread so the host and all visitors see it.
Thank you!
Mary Beth

Last edited by Lmn; 05-25-2012 at 07:12 PM..
Pearl-ExPert

Title: Spring Forward
Hostess: Valerie (awjmgmom)
Keyword: LeapVSBN09
Day/Date: Saturday, March 31
Time: 10:00 p.m.

Spring Forward
Earlier this month, most of us participated in Daylight Saving Time and had our clocks �spring forward.� By now, we have stopped lamenting the loss of that hour and are enjoying the extra hour of daylight that the change brought. When I signed up to be a hostess for this VSBN, the theme of �leaping� brought the image of a scrappy title �leaping� or �springing� across a page. My challenge to you is to complete a page and have your title �leap� or �spring� from one part of your page to another. Feel free to stretch your creativity and use a title that makes us think of Spring or Leaping. I�ve attached a few sketches to get you thinking. Feel free to use them as a �springboard� or create a page using your own !

Here is my Sample

Here is the gallery for this challenge:
LeapVSBN09

Uploading Instructions:
1. To be considered for VBSN Recognition, ALL VBSN CREATIONS MUST BY UPLOADED BY 10:00 p.m.EST ON Sunday, April 8, 2012.

3. Please remember to put the correct Keyword: LeapVSBN09 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the forum thread to be sure that your layout is seen by the hostess and all visitors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg googleukimage.jpg (32.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg letsscrap3712.jpg (26.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg letsscrap32311.jpg (28.1 KB, 6 views)

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Title: The Math behind Leap Year
Hostess: Joyce (Ashjoy)
Keyword: LeapVSBN10
Day/Date: Sunday, April 1, 2012
Time: 4pm

My challenge: A leap year (or intercalary year) is a year containing one or more extra days (or, in case of lunisolar calendars, an extra month) in order to keep the calendar year synchronized with the astronomical or seasonal year. For example, February would have 29 days in a leap year instead of the usual 28. Seasons and astronomical events do not repeat at an exact number of full days, so a calendar which had the same number of days in each year would over time drift with respect to the event it was supposed to track. By occasionally inserting (or intercalating) an additional day or month into the year, the drift can be corrected. A year which is not a leap year is called a common year. Source: Wikipedia

Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November;
All the rest have thirty-one,
Excepting February alone,
And that has twenty-eight days clear,
And twenty-nine in each leap year.
�Mother Goose

What Years Are Leap Years? How to Calculate Leap Years

It takes the earth approximately 365.2422 days to go around the sun. The normal calendar year is only 365 days.

The extra fraction of a day adds up over the time.

After four years we would have 1460.9688 days. Four calendar years adds up to 1460 days (365 x 4).

The .9688 is very close to a full day, so we round up.

Every 4 years we add an extra day in February. Consequently leap years are always divisible by 4.

3-use 3 flowers
6- use six patterned papers
5- use 5 buttons

Now that each day of the common year is covered we still need to pick up that leap year day.
For every fourth year that is a leap year lets add 4 of something to your page. you choose, just let us know what it is.

4- your choice

Here is my SAMPLE page:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapMiniVSBN11 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by lurasfaith; 04-01-2012 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: Linking gallery
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Title: L. E. A. P. - Pick a Technique
Hostess: JoyceAnn (AnniePanda)
Keyword: LeapVSBN11
Day/Date: Sunday, April 1
Time: 6:00 PM (EST)

Every Leap Year an unmarried lady can pick a partner to join her in her walk through life. If accepted, wedded bliss is sure to follow! For your challenge this time you are to pick your techniques to use on your scrapbook page. Some are hopefully new and exciting to you. Isn�t this a �CHALLENGE� after all? Try to pick techniques from at least 3 of the 4 letters � all 4 if you are brave enough (hehe).

�L� is for Layers. Lots and lots of layers, or at least 2 mats under a photo to qualify. Adding some extra pieces of card stock or patterned paper, any size, add interest to a scrapbook page.

�E� is for Embossing. There are 2 basic techniques that come to mind when embossing is introduced. Dry or wet. Wet can be achieved by stamping with something wet, like Versamark or any ink (especially the stay wet longer inks), then pouring on the embossing powder. I was intimidated at first with this technique but now I love watching the powder turn glossy under the heat gun. Dry embossing is achieved with any of those plastic folders.

�A� is for Altered Use. The ideas abound here. Try altering a piece of chipboard, photo, or alter anything from it�s original purpose. Another idea is to alter your glossy card stock with alcohol inks, or take a piece of acetate from packaging and stamp it or punch a couple of holes in it and tie a bow on it.

�P� is for a Plethora of Pretties! Here are some possibilities to ponder: use Pearl-Ex, pastels, punches, pearls, paint. If you can find and use some embellishment or technique that starts with a �P� it counts.

You have techniques from the word l-e-a-p to work with as you create your scrapbook page. Be sure to tell us what letters you used and why.

Here is my SAMPLE page.

See the GALLERY for this challenge...please try to leave a loving comment for everyone! We always appreciate a little �luv�.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Time spent is cumulative; just keep your total time per challenge under the 2 hour limit. Please explain your interpretation of this challenge with your upload description for all to read under your photo.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD, LeapVSBN11, when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copy and paste the challenge keyword to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread to be sure your layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

I wish you all a wonderful Leap year of scrapping your once in a lifetime/everyday moments!!

Last edited by lurasfaith; 04-01-2012 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: linking gallery and sample
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Title: Leap For Joy
Hostess: Sharon (smadson)
Keyword: LeapVSBN12
Day/Date: April 1, 2012
Time: 8:00 PM

I immediately thought of �Leap for Joy� when I saw the theme for our VSBN. Since then, I even read a passage in the Bible about when Mary, pregnant with Jesus visited her cousin Elizabeth who was pregnant with John the Baptist. The babe in Elizabeth's womb leaped in her womb at Mary's greeting. I am thinking leaped in joy , knowing the Savior was near. There are many situations when I think that I wanted to leap for joy, or that someone I love wanted to leap for joy!

My challenge: For you to scrap something that made you or someone you love want to leap for joy. But there is a twist. You must use something on your page that begins with each letter in the word Joy.
For example for �J� it could be the title starts with the letter J, or you could use jute fiber, or a jack-0-lanterns, or a jack rabbit, or I am sure you are more creative than me.
For �O� it could be the color orange, or oval shapes, or a technique that begins with this letter.
For �Y� It could be yellow, or a yacht, or I do not want to stunt your creativeness by restricting you.

Just have fun!!

Here is my SAMPLE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD LeapVSBN12when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Have fun!

Sharon
Gallery Gazer

Thumbs up PRINTABLE MASTER

Attached is a printable version of the Master Thread. Thank you Valerie (awjmgmom)!
Attached Files
File Type: docx leapvsbnmaster1.docx (119.5 KB, 10 views)