View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #51
Pamela~
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleone View Post
Oh no!! That's awful! I'm so sorry.We will be going to Wasilla in July. If you're anywhere near there I'll just bring you parts. I wish if the machine thought the sandwich was too big it would just grind to a halt or like you said have a break-away mechanism that's easy to replace. I bet the next model has that. I had purchased a big shot to tie me over till the Vagabond could get settled but now I find I'm using it all of the time. I'm kinda afraid that I'll hear that awful pop again !
Thank you, that's very sweet of you! I'm in Anchorage. I talked with Alison at Ellison. I was told it was not repairable after a machine 'pops'. I believe it's more planned obsolescence with the machine costing $150-200 now on sale there's no need to repair it. Just go buy another one! (look where it's made!) Perhaps the next version will correct this flaw. The gauge keys are a band aid. This was my first Sizzix/Ellison machine although I have several other manual machines and a Cricut that I have used successfully for years. I'm not loving my new paperweight!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!