View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #434
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

On this challenge we have unearthed several "over spending" triggers

For some it was feeling it was wasteful to have a coupon and not use it.
Others bought ribbon, paper, embellishments, etc when they saw great sale prices even though they had more of these things than they could ever use.

For me it was seeing a great card and immediately searching for the stamp or die that was used, without carefully considering how often I would use that stamp or die.

Now when I see a "Wow" card I wait a couple of week before I consider buying the stamp or die used. I ask myself if I have something similar to use and how often will I use that stamp or die.

I don't favor it or save the card.
If in a few weeks I am still thinking about it I buy the stamp or die .
It is intereting how often I see a card that I love at the time and in a couple of days I have totally forgotten about it .

I am enjoying and using what I buy now , instead of buying stuff for someday.

Recently I realized that SU Poppy Parade CS will be discontinued in June and thought I should buy more even though I have 3/4 of a package that has not been used .
Then I reconsidered and decided that I will find another red when I run out of Poppy Parade. I am sure there is a red by another company that I will like as well as Poppy Parade.

My life will not fall apart if something I like is discontinued