View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #1382
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Music can give me that feeling. I remember when I was growing up, hearing various symphonies come to town, mom would take us, and I had this thing in my head about violins, and wondered if they could ever sound like what was in my head. I don't know where that came from because we didn't even have a Hi-Fi (yeah, 50s and 60s), so it's not like I had heard it anywhere. And then I went to hear - I think it was a Boston Symphony - travelling around and conducted then by Michael Tilson Thomas. And the violins - they were PERFECT. They were all together, they were wonderful, magical and what I had dreamed about and thought was impossible for humans. Yes, goosebumps. I guess that was a spiritual experience.

An add on here - DH got tickets for us to see the San Francisco Symphony, with Michael Tilson Thomas conducting, in May. Beethoven's 6th, the Pastoral. I have been playing the symphony CD that I have periodically just to be even more familiar with it. That was my birthday present, I told him that was what I wanted. We live in the Bay Area so will just take Bart up to the city for that. I was in Davies Symphony Hall only once, to see Craig Ferguson in Sept. 2010, and it was beautiful too.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!