View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #78
kspiv
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

I have done lots of craft/vendor shows over the years! With all different products ranging from Tupperware to now doing hand crafted items. I really love doing these shows and its fun to meet new people.

I find response is always so different from year to year. A friend and I do them together and share a booth. We are cheap and never like to pay over a certain amount for a space (lots of times we get 2 spaces) and we have decided that we really only are limiting ourselves to doing 2 shows, both close to Christmas. We have done spring shows, summer shows, etc and in the end, they havent been worth our time, at least around here. Plus we are both very busy so it just wasnt worth it.

The two shows we are going to do this year are big, well-established shows. Both are at schools. Well, one is our local school and one is a Catholic church/school. She makes jewelry items, her teenage daughter makes scarves and I make papercrafty items. We usually do pretty well for selling smaller and cheaper priced things. THAT is the key. Items that are reasonably priced. I know everyone says "well remember to charge for your time...you are worth it!" and while I agree with that, I would also rather sell my items and make money rather than taking 99% of it back home because it was overpriced.

My biggest seller last year was those darned Heshey Bar Snowmen?! Out of all the cute stuff I made, I couldnt keep those things in stock! Who knew?! Also, I made some paper mugs (the flat kind not the cool 3-D ones that have been shown here already) with hot chocolate packet and a spoon and the snowman soup poem on it and those all went well too. Seems like my items like this go well...candy and drink items. Everything else is hit and miss.

This year I have decided to try some new things, also. Pinterest is a lot of fun for garnering ideas. I am also going to try my hand at other things and break away from just papercrafty stuff. I will, however, keep doing the candy stuff since it sells! My cards hardly ever sell....just a few....and I always think I make lovely cards for the craft fairs...more simplistic and public-friendly.

Snowman Soup by SANDY1955 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers soup mugs

This is not my mug! I forgot to take pics of my actual ones I made...but this is like the paper cup I used. I embossed the entire mug and they turned out super cute. I bought a digi download of some snowman soup poems and put the on the front.