View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #497
grammatroll
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
We don't have storm issues here, just fires.

DARN trains go by and start grass fires.
they're about 1/2 mile apart and thankfully yesterdays put me in the middle. and both fires were right at road crossings. PHEW makes getting them under control alot faster

in 2004 a train started so many for 30 miles that trucks were running out of water.
The farm I was living on was a total loss, The house, vehicles, out buildings.. all gone! Huge mess to clean up. Worse part was the lady didn't' have insurance. and the RR really cheated her

SHe needed money so badly I was able to talk her into selling a piece to Clint's dad. That is ths 15 acres we are buying now.
We've already had a few grass fires around here, too. The other day there was a big one just east of town. It started only 100 feet from someone's barn, but lucky for them the wind was going in the opposite direction. It took 30 hours just to contain the fire; the winds were so bad and kept changing direction. It burned 1200 acres. It was caused by the RR also. I don't know why they let their crews weld on the tracks during high winds. We had a little sprinkling of rain yesterday. Looks like it might rain today. Sure hope so. Last winter helped us get out the drought we were in, but with no snow this year, we're going to be right back there.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!