Thread: Michaels has...
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #21
SkyNacho
Hardware Hotshot

girlwithnoname,

If your trip to the states isn't until next year, it's hard to know what to recommend. It sounds like Michael's is trying to increase the desirability of its stock, so a year from now, they might be higher on people's lists. Or lower. A lot can happen.

I think if you're limited in supply choice in Oz, you will like Michael's. They have their own brand of supplies (recollections) that I think has some lovely embellishment choices-- I could be wrong but I suspect they have the same manufacturer as prima. They have many of the basics-- staz on, memento-- and some national brand names -- hero arts, Tim Holtz. Also, lots of cute things for under $2-- might be a good place to snag gifties for your friends back home.

One of the factors here is that each and every one of these stores, even within a chain, is a little different depending on where it is. So my Michael's is pretty nice, I think, but there are other ones I've been to that are awful-- and if that were my "home" store, I would know why people dislike it.

If you've never been to Michael's (or a JoAnn's or a Hobby Lobby or an ACMoore), I think you will enjoy your first trip to all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilma423 View Post
Definitely Archivers.
Well, they have the fewest locations, I think, but Archiver's has the best selection if you can get to one!

If you're more specific about there "where" you're going to visit (perhaps as you get closer to your trip, since a lot can change in a year), I'm sure people can help you pinpoint where to go.