Thread: Michaels has...
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #18
girlwithnoname77
Glitter Queen

Hi everyone, this is really an interesting post to me because I am from Sydney Australia and am planning a big trip to the USA next year and one of my WISH LIST stops was Michaels after my aunty here told me she heard about it being amazing. However, based on this post I may just cross it off. Is it really not that good?

It is quite an expensive hobby to buy scrapbooking stuff here in Australia unfortunately, so I buy a lot of things from online stores in the US, mostly. It is a shame as I would love to support my own economy but when, for example, I can buy something for US$5 that retails here for $149.99 ... it just doesn't make sense.

Another example, I bought the Silhouette printer from the USA for $260 or $270 (coverted to Australian dollars) last year, price includes international delivery. To buy it here was $599 for the printer ONLY!!!

Can you guys tell me please where in the states (shop names, states, links, etc) has great variety and stock, and is reasonably priced for scrapbooking/card making supplies please? Will be very grateful for any input. Have a year or so to plan the big trip, got to make sure I head to the right stores to stock up on my supplies to scrap my holiday on my return!!! )))))
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!