View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #1362
JulesG
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Greg, what a wonderful post.

I am an atheist but I believe strongly in compassion and justice and helping one's fellow man. What bothers me so much is that if you say you are not Christian, it is assumed you have no moral guidepost.

Regarding stamping. I got into stamping after my divorce. It was a painful time and stamping kept my hands and mind busy and off of all my troubles.

But I stayed with stamping because of the creativity. Yes, I do go down to my basement craft room (which I really should call an art studio, we tend to denigrate what we do as just "crafty") and indeed 3 hours later I look at the clock. Usually that means the rice on the stove has scorched and ruined the bottom of my pot.

I also very much love the warm friendships and social nature of stamping. Getting a few of my stamping buddies around my craft table for an afternoon gives me so much joy.

Finally, I love the final product (usually). Sometimes I can't bear to mail them off, but I do. I'll confess that I save the very best and send them to my fellow stampers, knowing they will appreciate them.

In terms of waterfast inks - I usually use StazOn black when watercoloring an image. Either that or heat emboss the outline. That has the added benefit of restricting runs outside the border of the image.
Hey Marge, that's funny about the burned rice. I've done that too. I've got to remember to set an alarm. I also like what you say about saving the best for your fellow stampers. I'm also on a poetry website, and I share all my best poems there, as it's much more rewarding then sending something out and even if it gets published having no idea how people responded to the poetry.

I think the unnoticed passing of time is a key indicator of a spiritual experience. I hesitate to use that word. But I'm not sure how else to characterize it. That sense of looking at the clock with amazement, and wondering if it could be right, three hours gone. Thanks for your thoughts. I much appreciated them
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!