Thread: Copic FAQ
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #474
jaltman1978
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I have a question for those who have taken beginner copic classes at your LSS.

How many images were provided for the class?

How many copic markers were provided for the class?

Were you required to purchase any copic markers for the class?

I have been asked to teach classes but I am not sure how best to approach the problem of the participants having little or no markers without the class costing a fortune.

I don't want those who take the class to be disappointed if I chose for instance a floral image to color that used three colors.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Danae
When I had my store and we hired a lady(Shari Carroll) to come in, she provided all the markers for the class. Of course they could of bought their own too but it was a lot easier with her bringing all the supplies she used. She brought the 72 case with 3 of each set so they could decided what color they wanted to use.

Maybe if you don't want to make them feel as they have to buy they can just bring in any family color they want??

She did 3 floral images but they also put them on cards. She charged $35.00 or $40.00

Another store by us has someone who is certified and she does classes and you have to buy their markers she uses if you don't have them already. They charged $45.00 for the class and that included the markers and I think it was $30.00 if you had them. I heard a lot of ladies complain about it. They didn't want to feel obligated to buy something they may not like or use.

I hope this helps you in some way. And good luck!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!