View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #422
LizBeth1976
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kec812 View Post
So Sorry that it seems like forever since I have called in to Hi....

Life just seems to be zooming by right now and I just dont seem to be able to find enough hours in the day to get everything done that I really want too.....

Ok well as for Feb...did really well and didnt spend anything...

On to march....this month I did spend big but it was a huge deal on metal dies that I really needed to be able to use the machine that mum got me for Christmas..... It was $95 but it was for 20 sets so 110 individual dies....which in Australia that is just soooo both Mum and I couldnt say no and both ordered it.....

but that is all I am spending this month.....I am working on my daughters birthday party at the moment and I even convinced her that every invitation didnt have to the be the same so that I could use up papers that I had here instead of having to go and buy like 20 of the same page.....how sneaky is that......thank god she is easy going and just so excited to be having the party she didnt care!!!!!!

ok so on to march

Organisational tip.....

I cant have cupboards as such in my craft room...I have changed out all cupboards for shelves (bookcases).... this means that i can see everything and what is in boxes I have huge big labels on them so that I can still from my seat know what is there.....If I dont see it or the label to remind me what is there then I will never use it.....

As for the colouring challenge I have done 20 little girls this month for the invitations for my daughter so that one worked out well....I use water pencils and crayons for my colouring still as I really love these and dont see the point in spending money on the copics when it took me a while to master this and now that I have it down pat and have spent hundreds on my pencils and crayons I may as well use them up....

Thank you all for helping me keep my spending under control as I have really done well this year....I know it seems like I have spent heaps this month but it was nothing for me to spend that much every couple of weeks last year and that is why I am really loving this challenge......
RE: your organizational tip: I'm the same way, if I don't see it, I don't use it! I took the closet doors off of the closet in my craft room, & have my plastic drawers-on-wheels that I use for stamp sets in there, plus another set of stacking drawers with supplies, where I can see them from my crafting table. I have my paper in hanging files in rolling bins under the craft table, easy to pull out, get out the CS I need, & roll back under! I store my stamp pads on the wall in an old wooden cassette-tape rack (does anyone remember cassette tapes??) right next to the craft table. Hanging from the bottom of that is a narrow curtain rod where I hang all kinds of embellies, etc., in their packages, using those really cheap metal shower curtain rings (Walmart, around $1.97 for pkg of 10). Plus lots of open shelves & a big bookcase! It looks like a mess to some people, but I prefer to see what I have so I can use it. I tried putting everything away one time, & found that I just couldn't be as creative when I wasn't sitting in the middle of a "mess"!