View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #421
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post

Now you need to go to the Library and "borrow" a couple of books on calligraphy instead of buying them yet. After you have a chance to really look at and use the books you will probably find one you really want.
I've done a bit of "window shopping" on the Internet and my library carries one of the books I was interested in looking at, "Calligraphy Alphabets for Beginners" by Mary Noble, but it's recently checked out and not due back for awhile. I'll probably check out "The Calligraphy Book" by Peter Grislis early next week instead.

I thought about picking it up yesterday, but I've got commitments every day this week and I'm spending a long weekend with a few scrapbooking friends. I figured I'd be better off waiting so I didn't waste a week of check-out time with the book just sitting.

I will probably spend another $11-12 on photos tomorrow. Walgreens is having a buy 25 (at 19 cents each) and get 25 free on their 4x6 prints through March 17. I figure I'll get 50 4x6 photos, plus I want to get two 8x10 prints. I think that'll just about use up all of my March budget, but what extra I had leftover from January and February.

Good to hear that everyone else is doing pretty well on their budgets, too. Keep up the good work! Don't beat yourself up if you go over by 10% or so. But do remember to be extra nice to yourselves if you stay on budget for several month. If I do really well through May, I plan to give myself a double-helping in June, my birthday month.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!