View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #277
scootsv
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Tons of Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermark View Post
DESTINATION STATION:

This week our destination is Rudolph, Wisconsin. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending them to Rita (scootsv), a fellow SCSer. Most times the recipients of our cards have health issues, are going through personal struggles and our mission is to lift their spirits. This week, its a little different. Instead, its all about appreciation, thanks, and payback for being a kind and generous person with a mission/personal goal to contibute to communities through the giving of hand made cards. That is what Rita is all about.

Some of you may know that I also host another challenge on a monthly basis called Cards for a Cause. Month after month after month, Rita participates in that challenge. When a person sends one or two or three cards to the organization featured in any given month it is so appreciated! We accomplish alot as a group! Rita always takes it to the next level and sends 30, 40, 50 cards! She goes over and above the call of duty!

Rita and her husband are retired, they have children in Oregon, Arizona, and Illinois. They have two grandkids and they live on on acre with lots of flower gardens surrounding them. Rita exercises one hour every day (you go girl!) and she plays bridge once a week with 7 friends. They go out to lunch first and then play 4 hours of bridge every week!

But her true love of life the past 7 years has been making and sending cards! She sends 30 cards a month to the elderly and sick in her community. She sends cards twice a year to the 110 residents of the nursing home where her mom was for 8 years. She is constantly searching to find charities that she can make and donate cards to. She found Cards for a Cause and participates every month sending multiple cards each and every month. She has recently added sending cards to the military in Afghanistan to her plate, and she makes 25 cards every month to her daughter's rehab unit. She makes wonderful, simple cards with no extra embellishments because everything she does MUST go in the mail and extra postage is not an option. She stamps two hours a day to keep up with her goal of doing all she can to support others with card donations!

This Teapot Tuesday, Rita will be on the receiving end of the happy mail that she is so commited to sending. Thank you all for thanking Rita for all she does!

Here is the address:

Rita Janz
1490-2nd Street South
P. O. Box 216
Rudolph, WI 54475-0216

Thank you from me!
Oh my! What a surprise! Cindy is such a sweetheart with a personality that just makes one want to love her! She always has the nicest comments when people post cards and when we post to her forum for Cards for a Cause! Finding SCS has been the best thing for me since I started to make cards. I have learned so much from looking at others cards and the tutorials that members so lovingly make for people like me that need to see to accomplish!

I tried the Teapot Challenge years ago, but I do not spend enough time on the forums - I love making the cards more. Now I will have to make sure I repay the kindness to the rest of you when I can.

I thank any of you that show me any kindness, because of this and I assure you that any cards received will go to one of the places that I distribute cards. If they are acceptable for the military, I will send them to my son-in-law in Afghanistan, as my first choice. He puts them in the USO for others to use and they are so happy.

Cindy, thank you so much for thinking of me! All the others, you are all amazing in your own little way! God bless and thanks, Rita (scootsv)

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!