View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #361
ScrappinCEO
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12K - Challenge

Good morning, everyone!

This week I would like you to help me celebrate a major mile stone for young ladies.... 100th Anniversary of Girl Scouts!

Today marks the 100th Anniversary of the beginning of a special club for girls. A program where they could learn to do lots of cool things, make new friends, and feel a part of something. For me, Girl Scouts truly lives the 'no child left behind'. It doesn't matter whether you live in a mansion or in a card board box. Girl Scouts of the USA reach out to all girls.

I am a lifetime member of the Girl Scouts. I spent almost 20 years as a Girl Scout Leader, working with Daisy's all the way through Cadette/ Seniors. I have large troops and small, 1 troop a week to doing 5 troop meetings a week! My (step) Mom was the oldest active troop leader until her death at 72. I've also served on many other service positions with my IL council to foster education for both girls and leaders as well as helped design a program for Girl Scout National. I've not always agreed with everything they've done but the core values have always been there... and continues today.

Your challenge today includes a BONUS!

1) Create a card celebrating the Girl Scouts.
Keep their colors in mind (It's not all about Green so this gives you some play room)

2) BONUS - Mail your card to either your local council or to the National Headquarters.

You will find all the information you need for this challenge at. GIRL SCOUTS OF THE USA

Keep in mind - THIS is National Girl Scout Week - so if you're going to mail your card for the BONUS - it needs to be done in a timely manner!

Have FUN - because that's what being a Girl Scout is - FUN!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!