View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #415
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
I spent $2 at Michael's today. But I'm blaming it on Barbara Jay. You see, she twisted my arm behind my back and held me face down on my desk until I promised to buy a calligraphy pen!

OK. Maybe I'm exaggerating just a teeny bit. But it's still Barbara's fault. She left a post about getting back into calligraphy and then I wanted to do it, too.

I will go the traditional route with the ink, nibs and nib holder in a couple of months. For now, I just wanted something simple (and cheap) to play with. I got the 2.0 (fine) Speedball "Elegant Writer" (ie: felt tip calligraphy marker) for $3.49 minus a 40% coupon. I'm sure the cashier thought I was the cheapest person to go through her check stand today. LOL

Now you need to go to the Library and "borrow" a couple of books on calligraphy instead of buying them yet.
After you have a chance to really look at and use the books you will probably find one you really want.

I always try to borrow a book to see if I really want it before I buy it. It saves a lot of money on books that were not the best.

Actually, I was the cheapest one in Michael's on Friday. I went to find Matte Accents and they didn't have it. I gave my coupon to another shopper and walked out with nothing. I since have learned it was discontinued.