View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #66
mnfroggie
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I want to express heartfelt and overdue thanks to all of the Teapotters for everything you did for my mother and for me this past 18 months. When I first heard from Dawn and Cindy about my appeal for cards for my mom, I had no idea how much love and kindness we would be experiencing from you all. The cards that you sent when Mom first started her cancer treatment (more that 150 of them) stayed up around the house until after her death. She was tickled pink by them and every day couldnít wait to go to the mailbox. Then later, she sat and studied each one, marveling over your creativity and trying to use them to inspire ideas in her own cards. I tried to thank each of you individually then, and hope I managed to do so.

Mom was such a sweet person. She was my stamping buddy and my best friend. Honestly, I havenít been on SCS as often as I used to be, because without her, there is something huge missing. But I am starting to try to embrace the wonderful things she taught me, She not only gave me a love of crafting but also taught me the value of being always kind and treating each other with love. I think most of all I will always see her legacy for me as kindness.

Momís cancer came back so quickly and aggressively and we were caught by surprise. Honestly, we hardly even had time to realize she was terminally ill. But of course, so many of you were there to support us. Those cards brightened her hospital room and gave both her and me so much comfort during those last three weeks while she was hospitalized. They almost felt like a little bit of home! I lived in that hospital room with her for most of that time, and the cards made it so bright and cheery. Then after her death is was such a comfort to receive sympathy cards from you all. I am sorry to say that this time that you sent cards, I wasnít in a place where I could be organized to keep track of them all and thank you properly individually. But please know how much they meant to me, I really needed to know that you guys cared, and of course you came through for me.

You guys are such an amazing group! I know how much effort it takes to get these cards out to their destinations week after week, but believe me, you are doing a world of good!

Last edited by mnfroggie; 03-10-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!