View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
yellowrose46
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Photo Challenge #151~'The Power of Nature' {March 6, 2012}

Photo challenge #151, 'The Power of Nature'. We were reminded again this past week, just how powerful the forces of nature are, when tornadoes and storms raged across parts of Indiana, Iowa, and Tennesse killing 39 people. Even as far away as here in Ontario, we got high winds and rain. It brought my mind back to 2005 when a tornado swept through this area, not even 1/2 mile from my house. No one was killed in that storm, but there was lots and lots of damage, and many trees uprooted.
For this challenge, you can go back in your archives and show photos you took in the past, as I am certainly not hoping for any storms or other powers of nature this week.

Photo Challenge Rules:
~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at anytime!

My pictures were taken this afternoon of an area that used to be a forest of mature trees, before the 2005 tornado. It still hasn't been cleaned up, but I suppose it would cost a lot to do so, when the land isn't able to earn it back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8872.jpg (55.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8873.jpg (52.5 KB, 33 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!