View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #275
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT188 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT188 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Austin, Texas. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending them to the mother of fellow teapotter/SCSer, Lydia (Understandblue). I am sure you all know who Lydia is, she is the one that is running around the world of SCS day in and day out, all day long, answering this and answering that, welcoming here and welcoming there, fixing this and fixing that! She's the Website Manager, big job!

Lydia's mother, Virgina, recently broke her femur just underneath the hip joint, thank goodness it was not her hip! She had pretty debilitating arthritis prior to that and hadn't really been mobile prior to the injury, so recovery has been brutal. They are trying to get her to stand/walk etc. and she just wasn't even doing that before the injury! So, she has a very long road ahead. She's got a rod down inside the femur and a bunch of screws and plates! So much for getting through security checks at the airport!

Virginia is a big history buff and has read every book ever written on Queen Elizabeth! She is a huge, ginormous fan! She also just loves cats but doesn't have one because her husband is allergic! Her favorite colors are burgundy and dark blue. She loves tea and coffee. She sews and knits for a hobby, but her very favorite hobby is reading, books, books, books! She has 42 gazillion books on her kindle.

Lets bring her some cat, book and royalty happiness! Some cards fit for a Queen, Queen Elizabeth to be exact! Lydia says her mom will be tickled pink!

I love a destination where we can bring happiness to two! To Virginia, a person struggling with an injury, but also to Lydia, a little thank you for all she does for us at SCS, a little pay it forward with cards to her mom!! This week is a 2fer! 2fer the price of one! A double whammy! Make two happy with one challenge!

Here is the address to ship those cats and books to:

Virginia Blakley
9301 Slate Creek Trail
Austin, TX 78717

Thank you from Lydia and thank you from me!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!