View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #4026
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
What's up with everyone today?

I'm working on finishing up my St. Pat's cards. Almost there. I decided to use a certain ribbon I've had for a few years, so the card went from there. Ha ha
It's been a very rough week. STBX called Weds morning. A very dear friend of ours died Tuesday night. It was self inflicted. He about lived at our house on weekends when he first got out of high school, and STBX got him started in career working on cars. We both loved him so much. His daughter's about 4. His parents are absolutely distraught and we are too. It's just a terrible, absolutely heartbreaking situation.

Weds BIL's sister, who my niece absolutely adores, had a heart attack. She started improving yesterday, thank Heaven but it's pretty serious. BIL will probably fly home to see her even although their other sister says not to come, it's not serious. Um, what part of loving someone isn't serious? Grrrr. My sister's pretty upset that BIL's other sister won't just be gracious about his wanting to be there.

Yesterday my wonderful manager's equally wonderful manager got the big Corporate thank-you. One of the last of the old-school, knows what he's doing, cares about doing it right, cares about the people doing the work managers. We're lucky--the new mgr we'll report to is one of the folks I worked with when they lent me out to another dept last year and he's very much another brilliant, dedicated and hugely decent human, so we totally lucked out there. And mgr who got laid off, given his experience and current regulatory environment, is in a very strong position to do well consulting. Just lots of uncertainty at work right now.

I am very glad to know vacation starts next week.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!