Thread: ATG questions
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #195
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS4352 View Post
Hi everyone. I broke down and bought me the pink ATG gun several months ago and love it. I found this forum since I was searching for information on buying refills and found out about The Tape Depot. Before I placed my first order, I sent them an email asking if the reverse wound listed on their site would fit the pink ATG and they replied yes. I wasn't comfortable with the "reverse wound" in the description but they said yes so I ordered 12 rolls. When I installed my first refill, I felt like an idiot because it’s obvious why the “reverse wound” is in the description. I sent them an email explaining I had bought all these rolls after they told me it would fit the pink ATG but have not received a reply. So now I’ve got all these rolls I can’t use.

But I still need refills. After reading some more of this forum, it sounds like the following will fit the pink ATG? Could someone please verify that this is correct? I appreciate in advance your help.

--12 ROLLS - CRAFT TAPE - ATG PHOTO TAPE - 1/4" X 36YD | eBay

--Crop and Stick - 3M Scotch® ATG 908 Gold from
Like Leslie says, the tape you got will work. Here is a youtube video that will show you how to load it properly:

How to fix your ATG Tape - YouTube

It really isn't that the tape is made wrong, just that in the process of loading, sometimes the sticky side adheres to the paper on the wrong side. I thought I had defective tape, too, when this happened to me. It's hard to explain how to remedy it, but I hope the video will help.

Basically, you need to have the tape so that the sticky side is on the outside of the roll.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!