Thread: ATG questions
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #191
lharnish
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoop View Post
Lately I have seen the ATG at Hobby Lobby. I have looked at it each time I go in the store with my 40% coupon, but have not purchased it. I don't have room for the large gun. So I have decided to continue using what I have used for several years. I have been using a tape purchased at a stamping convention in Charlotte, NC. It is not in a gun. You use it just as it comes. It it extremely easy to tear. It has a paper covering the tape that you pull off after you put it on the cardstock. It is PK Glitz "Sticky Tape". It comes in 3 or 4widths. the 1/4" tape has 55yd on it and was $6.50. You might go to P K Glitz
locoop
I'm a number cruncher to make my dollar stretch as far as possible

The ATG tape from The Tape Depot is 39 yards for roughly $2/roll (depending on how much you order) and that works out to 117 yards for $6 versus your 55 yards for $6.50. These are just rough numbers but even factoring in the price of the gun, it pays for itself pretty quickly. That being said, we're not comparing apples to apples because they're two totally different kind of tapes with different ways to apply it. People really need to crunch the numbers to determine what is truly a good deal based on their preferences. It may be that you prefer your style of tape and are comfortable with the higher price per yard as compared to the ATG style of tape.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!