View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #162
hoptownracer1
Stampin' Fool

Smile

This did'nt come from a PIF, but wanted to share it, in case someone can use this idea too. I was thinking I needed to buy more brads, as mine are limited in colors, and happened to remember that I had some larger office supply brads put aside in my craft room. The little tongs? in the back are longer, so I cut them down some, so they won't stick out behind flowers, objects, etc... Anyway, I experimented painting them with fingernail polish (I had heard you can do that), and I was really tickled with how they turned out.
100_4917.jpg

100_4920.jpg

100_4921.jpg

A couple of the colors had a really dull finish, so I went over them again and sprinkled glitter on top. I have also used acryllic paint in the past to color brads. Seems like they had a dull finish also, and I had to add some acyllic clear nailpolish to them. Some of them have two coats; some three. Hope it helps someone else if they can't find a color they need. On Dee's Designs Blog, she used glitter and heat and stick to add glitter to buttons. Turned out really cute! I was wanting to try to color buttons with markers and maybe polish.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!