Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow 2012 Stamp/Scrap On A Budget

Welcome to 2012!

We'll be starting an ongoing monthly thread for our goal to "Stamp/Scrap On A Budget". I think it's very important we have a spot to encourage "controlled crafting". This hobby can very much lead to impulse shopping and it's important we enjoy all the wonderful supplies we have. It's so easy to get caught up in buying and collecting versus using. We've also begun to realize that simplifying sometimes makes life and crafting easier. We'll share encouragement, ideas, praise and challenges. We'll celebrate using our stash and making good buying decisions. I think it's hard to go completely "cold turkey" although we'll cheer those of you who do on with lots of praise and encouragement.

:arrow: We'll have 5 Challenge Options for Controlled Craft Spending -

1. Set a $$ spending budget for the month & track your expenditures against budget set.

2. Match your scrapbook/stamping spending by putting the same amount away in savings that you spend on scrapbook/stamp stuff. This encourages savings and provides you a stash for the following year.

3. Set a "Create to Spend" goal. Come up with a goal to complete cards, pages or alterables before you spend more $$ (for instance, "complete 25 pages before spending $$"

4. "Time Out." Select a month or a quarter to use just what you have on-hand. No craft or stamp spending for that time period.

5. Do a combination each month or select one that works for you during that time period!

Just for FUN, here is the thread that started this all ---

I'm going "cold-turkey" on the craft spending! Does anyone want to join me?

Cold Turkey --- Mid Year Review

Cold Turkey or Responsible Spending 2012

Another Idea ---

I'm Going to Simplify --- Anyone Want to Join Me?

After you've given it some thought, please post your "budget" plan for January

Last edited by Lmn; 01-28-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow February 2012 Stamp/Scrap Challenge Participants

Here's where we'll list Challenge Participants for 2012 :eek:

- Melissa (Melissa59) - Budget $25
- Lynn [MuzbysMom] - Stash
- Barbara (Barbara Jay) -
- Tres (Tres) -
- Elizabeth - [flash&rusty] -
- Lela (LMN) - Stash
- (mamamouse) - Stash
- (dbrpuppets) - Stash
- Dell (smokiesgal) - $25/$25 Savings Match
- Tricia (T. Joy) - Budget $15
- Jackie (Jackie1) - Stash
- (Crafty Chelle) - Stash
- (kec812) - Stash
- Sharon (sewflake) - Budget $35
- Carol-Anne (cargen) - Budget $15
- (smile160) - Budget $TBD
- Donna (imthenoni) - Stash
- Sue (gregzgurl) - Budget $TBD
- Jenni (jennik) - Stash
- (katroush) - Stash
- Zella (russnzella) - Budget $25
- Jana (Jana Z) - Budget $TBD
- Laurie (StampinGrams) - Budget $25
- Charlsanne (cla616) - Stash
- Nicole (candukiwi) - Stash
- Anna (Siberian Stamper) - Stash
- Anna (Annab29) - Budget $TBD (once per week)
- Rebecca (bencer99) - Budget $TBD
- Carol (carolc1027) - Budget $TBD
- Robin (RJP111) - Spending Jan
- (hoptownracer1) - Budget $25

Last edited by Lmn; 04-01-2012 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: Time to Add February
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow Did You See This

August Question of the Month
--- August, the last of the Summer Vacation Time before the kids go back to school. What about you? What other hobbies do you put your spending $$ toward or are you a die-hard stamp/scrapper?

--- there was no interest in challenges so we'll just keep being inspired by the SCS challenges in the forum
--- The Traveling Box Supplies were donated to a Senior Center.

July Question of the Month
--- July we're now 6 months into the challenge. How do you think it's going for you? Ready to quit, need to rethink budget, helped you be more careful, or really reduced spend?

July Challenge

--- Since the challenges don't seem to be too popular, I just thought I would encourage you to go try a Challenge here at SCS you haven't played before. There are LOTS of GREAT choices!

June Question of the Month

--- June is time for "Vacation". What do you do to be inspired when your MOJO goes on vacation?

June Challenge

--- Since we're celebrating the start to Summer, let's make it easy! Share your "go to" sketch for when you need a card quickly.

May Question of the Month

--- What Month of the year do you get the Most Crafting Done?

May Challenge

--- Can you do it ... what would it be like to use 75% or greater of just one company products? Brave enough to take the challenge?
April Question of the Month
--- What item do you purchase that always inspires you to buy a 2nd item in other words, what item can you just not buy one of?

April Challenge

--- Get out your Most Recent Stamp (set) purchased and use it for more than 1 card, page or altered item. In other words, use the same stamp(s) for a 2nd card, page or project.
March Question of the Month
--- What Organizational Tip or Idea has worked the best for you to help you use stash you have?

March Challenge

--- Color It Get out those markers, pencils or misters and color your image or cardstock with something other than just stamping ink.
February Question of the Month
-- Have you thought about Downsizing your Stash?

February Challenge

-- Find 3 stamps/stamp sets that have been in your Stash that are still un-inked and show them some LOVE. Ink them up! Post links in the thread to your creations.
January Question of the Month
-- What pushes you or When are you most likely to impulse buy?
January Challenge
-- Design & Create or Find a "Receipt" Keeper. This can be a decorated envelope, folder, box or ??? to keep your 2012 Craft Spending Receipts ---

Traveling Box of Stash
-- we have a box of "stash" we're sharing to curb the need for something new by sharing and recycling those items we won't use. We have a box that's being passed around. You take a few items and add a few items. If you would like to participate, sign up in the thread, you'll be PM'd for your address when it's your turn to receive the box

Last edited by Lmn; 08-01-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Woo-hoo! I am so ready for this!
OK, I've made up my mind. I'm going to give myself a $25 budget for January.

Last edited by melissa59; 12-20-2011 at 10:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm joining in but I haven't decided which challenge to participate in - what I'd like is to buy nothing at all until my stash is somewhat depleted except for adhesives for scrapbooking but stamping's another story.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Lynn, I gave myself a $25 budget for January. But in truth, my budget is $0. I just didn't want to set myself up to fail the first month of the challenge.

Unlike most people on SCS, I don't have tons of supplies. But I do have enough paper, embellishments and adhesive to keep me scrapping and card making for awhile. I've also got enough rubber stamps to give me some stamping variety. What I need (OK, want LOL) is a little more variety in my Big Shot tools. That will come in time. I just need to learn to be patient. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I am joining .
I have all of the basics so now I buy on want rather than need.

One challenge I will partake in is where I have certain months where I don't buy anything for crafts. I decided I will select 4 different months in 2012 where I don't buy anything . I will post them on the thread as I chose them . I think to have a month where I don't buy anything will help because if I see something I want it will have to wait until next month. Maybe I won't really want it by then.

I have a budget and tracked it but I went over it a few times due to special sales or discounts . So in 2012 I am going back to my budget again and I am resolved to keep it this year .
I am also going to try to not spend all of my monthly budget each month so I have extra money set aside for The Black Friday and Christmas bargains.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Really wish I found last years thread last year!! I am going to think about what my plan is for the new year and post tomorrow.

Ladybugmomma's Crafting Corner
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw the messages about this thread. I am going to be creating a household budget with my husband next week, so will have a much better idea about what I will have available to spend. My goal is to spend as little as possible, as I have so much in the way of supplies. I'll post my goals late next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! Just got home from breakfast with friends at Perkins. Got a Target gift card from my girlfriend and what do I want to go do - spend it! I'm resisting temptation - I'm not sure what I want/need. I'm going through my stash and I may want to go and buy some organizational things so my "stash" is more visible and I'm more likely to use what I have.

Scrapbooking is another story. I don't always have what I "need" for a particular page when I go to do it. I may just need to learn to be much more inventive with what I do have! Punch art's fun for cards - it would probably be even more fun on scrapbook pages!

I have sorted my "stash" and put like items into make shift containers (clear cannisters that were in storage not in use). I also set aside some items to pass on. I joined a "Stupid Cupid" swap that says feel free to take from your stash if it's something your sister wishes for so I've got some items for "just in case" - all red, pink, or white.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #11  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Oh My ...

Welcome to 2012 ... Almost!

I've been thinking alot about what I want my goal to be. I do know that I want to curb the "impulse" buying. I use most of my basic supplies for scrapping but it seems I have moments of purchases that I wonder later what I'm going to do or if I really will use it ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #12  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Perfect

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Woo-hoo! I am so ready for this!
OK, I've made up my mind. I'm going to give myself a $25 budget for January.
One of our first challenges is going to be to create a "receipt" keeper (decorated envie, box, etc) so this will work great for you to track your spend unless you plan to spend all in one place, LOL! ;)

Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #13  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmomView Post
I'm joining in but I haven't decided which challenge to participate in - what I'd like is to buy nothing at all until my stash is somewhat depleted except for adhesives for scrapbooking but stamping's another story.....
Hey Lynn, glad you're joining us! This would be great for 2 reasons, reduce spend AND get scrap pages or cards done. :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #14  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up YES

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
I am joining .
I have all of the basics so now I buy on want rather than need.

One challenge I will partake in is where I have certain months where I don't buy anything for crafts. I decided I will select 4 different months in 2012 where I don't buy anything . I will post them on the thread as I chose them . I think to have a month where I don't buy anything will help because if I see something I want it will have to wait until next month. Maybe I won't really want it by then.

I have a budget and tracked it but I went over it a few times due to special sales or discounts . So in 2012 I am going back to my budget again and I am resolved to keep it this year .
I am also going to try to not spend all of my monthly budget each month so I have extra money set aside for The Black Friday and Christmas bargains.
Barbara, I like the idea of 4 months in 2012 of no spending. I think I just might try that in January. I have lots of pages I want to get done and the supplies to do it not to mention I'm traveling some so I'll need the motivation to stay out of the stores ... Feb would be harder because of new catalogs coming out from companies I like and SU! SAB ... :eek:

Great Idea! Glad you're with us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #15  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by tresView Post
Really wish I found last years thread last year!! I am going to think about what my plan is for the new year and post tomorrow.
Quote:

Originally Posted by flash&rustyView Post
Just saw the messages about this thread. I am going to be creating a household budget with my husband next week, so will have a much better idea about what I will have available to spend. My goal is to spend as little as possible, as I have so much in the way of supplies. I'll post my goals late next week.
Yay! Welcome! The year I did best with managing my budget I joined a group of gals and we all matched whatever we spent on crafting with the same amount put in a Savings Account. It really made you think about what you purchased to match the amount AND it was GREAT because the next year I already had my spending $$ for crafting.

What really helped the impulses was being "accountable" with the group for tracking. I hope our thread here will do the same .... :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #16  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Did You See This

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Question of the Month

-- What pushes you or When are you most likely to impulse buy?

January Challenge

-- Design & Create or Find a "Receipt" Keeper. This can be a decorated envelope, folder, box or ??? to keep your 2012 Craft Spending Receipts ---
Can't wait to see your "receipt" keepers! Also, looking forward to hearing what prompts your impulse buys ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

I think I need this challenge! Just spent a couple of hours cleaning the craft room. Definitely a case of needing to use up what I have on hand before buying anything more.
So..January will be a "Buy No Supplies" month. Just using what's on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #18  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamouseView Post
I think I need this challenge! Just spent a couple of hours cleaning the craft room. Definitely a case of needing to use up what I have on hand before buying anything more.
So..January will be a "Buy No Supplies" month. Just using what's on hand.
We're glad you're joining our challenge to be more budget conscious. We hope you find lots of ideas to use what you already have in your stash for January! You're in good company, there are several of us planning to do the same ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 03:49 AM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone had great Christmas! The only gift card I got was for Target so since they don't sell much in crafting there I'll have to figure out something else to do with it!

My goal for January will be just to stay out of Michael's, Joanne's, and Archiver's so I can't do any impulse spending. I'll just need to get into one of them this week and make sure I have enough adhesive on hand in case I go on a marathon card making/scrapbooking session at some point in time in January. I guess an extra two pack for my ATG gun and/or an extra refill for my Vario dispenser should take care of that.

I am going to do a Stampin' Up order once Sale-A-Bration starts on the 24th. I'm committed to help a hobby demo meet her minimums each quarter. There are four of us so that's $75 or an average of $25/mo which isn't too bad. On top of it I get her discount which really helps alot.

In February and March I'll have Stamper's Club with a local demo and will need to make my $25 for each month. The first month I can commit to NO SPENDING will be April. Too bad that's my birthday month!

My craft room is organized now (as are my pictures). I will run out this week and get my Christmas pictures printed but I didn't take a bunch of pictures. I did take a picture the hand made cards I got to scrapbook rather than put each of them in the scrapbook. I will scrapbook the Picture Christmas Cards I got. It's fun to compare them from year to year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I've not yet started on my receipt box. I'm still thinking about what I'll use as the box.

As far as impulse purchases go, I know exactly what my triggers are:
Clearanced items and "cheap" stuff that I can buy at Michaels or JoAnn's with a 40-50% off coupon. Over the past few years, I've spent more money on bunches of little things that I may or may not use than on more costly items I really want.

One of my 2012 craft goals is to make smart purchases, which means buying what I really want or need--even if it costs more than I think it should--and skipping all the "bargains" for items that don't make my heart skip a beat or are not necessary.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #21  
Watercolor Wizard

My impulse spending is triggered by sales and coupons! I RARELY pay full price for much of anything. I'm always looking for the deals. In my neck of the woods a lot of the retailers are price matching (household things/food) which helps the budget. It just takes time to find prices to get matched. I need to get better at couponing but I'll never be an extreme couponer. Too much work! And they never say what some of them spend on newspapers to get all the coupons!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Would you mind terribly if I lurk on this thread? I'm sure I'd like to join but I really need to think on some of this first. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

I love the idea of scrap and save. Going to make January my first no spend month. I just cleaned out my scrap room and gave away two large boxes of stuff. Couldn't believe how much stuff I bought on impulse and never used. I still have a ton of stuff, so my goal is to use what I have.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Barbara, I like the idea of 4 months in 2012 of no spending. I think I just might try that in January. I have lots of pages I want to get done and the supplies to do it not to mention I'm traveling some so I'll need the motivation to stay out of the stores ... Feb would be harder because of new catalogs coming out from companies I like and SU! SAB ... :eek:

Great Idea! Glad you're with us!
I know I have a few months where I would be setting myself up to fail if I said I will not buy anything in those months.
In February is SAB. In May the New Spellbinders usually hit the stores and I am sure I will want some of those. In June my SU Demo has an open house for the new catalog. I have 5 birthdays in July I certainly will buy some things for those cards. I know I won't avoid buying in Oct or November for Christmas cards And December has so many hard to resist bargains. So I need to choose from Jan, Mar, April, August, or September . It looks like it will have to be January & March , April & August . Mar & April will be a long drought, but I am being realistic as to when I can say I won't buy anything and hopefully keep my word .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lela,
This sounds like a great way to save $$$ and set goals. I would love to join but question?? Do you do all 5 challenges or is it optional to do a portion of them? Not sure what I plan to do yet as I want to check my budget. I do want to try cold turkey for say 3 months..not sure I will last or not though so I don't want to set myself up for failure. I am thinking try the 3 mo's w/out spending but put say $25.00 aside for each month (w/out spending it) and another $25.00 in savings. Then challenge myself to make something using my stash and give myself an extra $5.00 dollars for like 10 cards made or 5 double page scrapbook layouts done. Does that sound reasonable? I want to make it fun but at the same time somthing I can maintain.

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Impulse buying and what makes me do it??

Well, seeing pretty cards and layouts from companies like Tim Holtz, Bo Bunny and other awesome sights triggers me to want to buy "stuff" to replicate a project. However, I find once I purchase the stuff I tend to not find the time or forget that I have it and it gets put on a shelf for a later project. This happens with me over and over again and it is like a madness or hoarding thing maybe..I don't know, but I need to change this. I just recently cleaned my craftroom and that is when I realized I have entirely too much stuff and frankly there are some things I really don't enjoy anymore. So, guess what? They are going. In fact, I have opportunity to rid myself of some of my barely used stuff at a local flea market where we are doing a stamp camp. That is what I plan to do to help get extra $$$ to spend and also set some aside. I don't usually go nuts with coupons but I do when I fill up a LSS card and have 20% off! I have 2 in my wallet right now.

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgalView Post
I would love to join but question?? Do you do all 5 challenges or is it optional to do a portion of them?
The challenge is to pick ONE (or more) of the options each month. For instance, you can choose to limit purchases to $5 in January. Then, in February, reward yourself $20 for every 10 cards you make, and in March you can plan to buy nothing.

The nice thing about this is that we set ourselves a goal for one month, just four to five weeks. We don't have to plan our entire annual craft budget right now.

I do hope you'll join us. I picked out a box and hope to start on my receipt box tonight or tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 279 Likes on 230 Posts

This looks like a good incentive for me! I just got to place some nice orders with Verve and My Favorite Things with my Christmas money, so I have a lot of new stamps and dies I'm going to need to use. Supplies I need right now are adhesive, kraft paper, and a few copic refills for markers I use all the time.

I need to spend as little as possible, so I'm going to set my budget at $15.00 in case I can get any of those things on sale this month. Then I'll plan to put any extra that I don't spend in my receipt envelope to save for another month.

My worst enabling comes from seeing the Verve and MFT releases. Occasionally, though, I win a set or a gift voucher during release weeks, or for playing along with challenges, which is nice. I'd like to have a little money saved to place an occasional order this year. I'd even like to know which month I'm planning on placing it! It would be easier to wait if I know my wish list won't have to wait forever.

Tricia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 05:51 AM   #29  
Mad Swapper

This is the right thread for me to be at. I have so many supplies on hand that I need/want to use up and I need others who understand my addiction to help keep me accountable in my monthly craft spending.

My goal is to not spend anything in the month of January. My husband and I have set up a household budget so that we can pay off some loans early so my crafting budget has been cut a lot, which I am good with, but there are going to be days where I will be tempted to buy things I don't really need.

I like the idea of making so many cards in a month and rewarding myself for making them. That will give me the incentive to get all the different kinds of cards I need during the year done ahead of time.

For our household budget we are using a binder to keep track of our spending and receipts so I will add a craft section to that to keep track of my spending and what I have purchased during the year.

As for the question about when I am most likely to impulse by I would have to say that most of my impulse buying is late at night when I can't get to sleep and I am feeling down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #30  

Has everyone gone through their list of birthdays and anniversaries for January? I need 2 girl bday, 1 boy bday and 1 anniversary card, plus some thank you cards. I try to play along with the MFT and Verve weekly challenges and I have a few other sketch challenges that I enjoy, so if I know what type of cards I need I can make them for the challenges. This year I'd like to decorate the inside of the cards I make as well as the outside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #31  
Watercolor Wizard

I got my receipt box made! Not totally happy with it but it will work....
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Stamp/Scrap On A Budget-001.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

This is just what I need...count me in please. Long story short...I barely have anything but I do have space, organizers, baskets etc. I have designated a certain amount of space for things. If it is full I can't buy anything else in that catagory until I have used or PIF'd. Ill be back soon with budget details...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

It's cute! Is is a tin? I need to get something to alter...probably tomorrow. I think I'm going to do some sort of book with envelopes...I think.

I need to make a list for January as was suggested...good idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #34  

Quote:

Cute! I need to work on this, too. But I need to make a grocery list first, and clean my stamping area, and, and, and...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #35  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty ChelleView Post
It's cute! Is is a tin? I need to get something to alter...probably tomorrow. I think I'm going to do some sort of book with envelopes...I think.

I need to make a list for January as was suggested...good idea!
It is a tin. I picked up several for next to nothing at a garage sale last summer (maybe 50 cents each?). I messed up the first one I tried so I tossed it. This one wil have to do. I showed it to my husband and he asked me if I was going to make one for all the snackies I buy so he can get that much money at the end of the month....let me see????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #36  
Watercolor Wizard

I just made a mess of my stamp area that I need to clean up....it amazes me how messy I can get making just one thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

It is a tin. I picked up several for next to nothing at a garage sale last summer (maybe 50 cents each?). I messed up the first one I tried so I tossed it. This one wil have to do. I showed it to my husband and he asked me if I was going to make one for all the snackies I buy so he can get that much money at the end of the month....let me see????
Haha! Can't blame him for trying!

I need to start looking for inexpensive alterable items when Im out thrifting...starting this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

January will be the first of 4 "No Spending months" this year.
I think the first month will be the hardest.
Wish me luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I just made a mess of my stamp area that I need to clean up....it amazes me how messy I can get making just one thing!
I did the same thing, except that I wasn't making anything. I moved stuff around so I could get things organized. I ended up making a bigger mess than I started with. I'm trying to make room on my craft table for my laptop computer and Silhouette (old style), but that means moving all my envelopes, pens, highlighters, printer paper, and other office stuff. Next, I'm going to have to clean out a file cabinet so I'll have a place for my office supplies. Eventually, I'll probably have to make some hard decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
January will be the first of 4 "No Spending months" this year.
I think the first month will be the hardest.
Wish me luck!!
Barbara, I get the sense that you are a practical, determined woman. If you put your mind to something, you'll do it!
Reply With Quote Likes