View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #294
mschoener
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmtinsley View Post
She sounds like my daughter. Emily has been dancing for 12 years and is at the studio about 20hrs/week. That includes classes, team rehearsals and work study. OKU has a program geared for the entertainment industry but the school near us, Kennesaw State University, has a good one also. Several schools have dance majors but a lot of them concentrate on ballet which Emily doesn't want to focus on. she prefers jazz and modern. Kennesaw has that and I think that's the program which the director requires the students to audition for various performances so they gain that audition experience. That's one thing to look at, does the program prepare the student for the dancing world. Emily's ultimate goal is to dance on Broadway.

Has your DGD looked at ULV (Las Vegas)? One of the instructors at our studio graduated from there. Good luck to your DGD.
I don't think she's really started looking at schools yet. My DD wants her to go to BYU and she's signed up for a Dance Camp there in the Summer so she'll be able to check it out. I'll have to make note of these places for when she gets serious about where she's going to go. Thanks.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!