View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #350
imthenoni
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1 View Post
I think that is great that you all get along. Even though your kids are adults it must make it easier for them when there are special times like weddings, birthday, babies, etc. When you have kids with some one you will always have that connection no matter what happens in your relationship. I have two ex's and one current husband and my older kids have told me that they appreciated us getting along as they were growing up it made things easier for them. My parents were divorced when I was a teenager and even 30 yrs later we are always having to juggle around spending time with each parent during holidays and special events, it makes it really hard and frustrating.
We must have loads in common. I have 2 ex's and a current husband AND my parents divorced when I was much younger than you but still divorced. My parents still, after nearly 50 years, don't get along (knowing their personalities I understand why they divorced - my mother is not an easy woman) and it can make it more difficult to deal with. My 1st ex & I get along fine while the 2nd one is a-total-nother story. I do still, however, get along with his family. I know it is difficult for my children but they do understand.

My older dd is now married with 2 children. Her dh's parents have divorced and both re-married. Holidays are difficult for them as they have to do 3 families plus the grands as well. After 9 years of marriage (and another 7 of dating before that) they have it down until someone wants to change things around. On Christmas morning any of the grands who want to see what the girls got go to their house and visit early in the morning before they head out to family functions.