View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #352
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

I'm glad this stamp cleaner thread is back to the top since I was coming here to post a stamp cleaner question. How do I know if a cleaner is SAFE for my stamps?

I have two cleaners:
  • Rub-N-Scrub Stamp Cleaner by Hampton Arts specifically says, "Press and rub cleaner onto rubber stamp with scrub top." Obviously it's made for rubber stamps and not acrylic.
  • Clear Stamp cleaner by Ranger's Inkssentials line says, "An acid-free, non-toxic cleaner especially developed for clear acrylic and photopolymer stamps." And this one is obviously made for clear not rubber stamps.

Is it safe to throw caution to the wind and go with one cleaner for everything? If so, I'd just as soon give up the store-bought and go homemade ... but I wonder if I choose the wrong cleaner or wrong recipe if I'll have stamp issues down the road.

We hear that StazOn cleaner will ruin acrylic blocks, but it's supposed to be OK for acrylic stamps. This seems contradictory. And it makes me wonder if long-term use of the wrong cleaner would be bad for our rubber and/or clear stamps. Has anyone ruined a stamp from prolonged use of a specific type of cleaner?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!