View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #87
ScrappinCEO
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margscardcrazy View Post
Hi everyone, a bit faster this month manely because I have been chomping at the bit to try this design out. I've had it in the back of my mind since October. Most of what you need to know is in the card discription but I did forget to mention that I used the little SU slit punch so that I could thread the ribbon through. Also to achieve the type of effect I get with the salt resist you need to have the paper quite wet, I spray once with my mini mister, then slosh the reinker ink on librally, then spray again, then add the rock salt, then spray again. If you try to dry the card off with a heat gun you don't get the same effect as letting it air dry however this takes about 24 hour, lots of patients but it's worth it.
Tomorrow after work it's clean the craft room night to get ready for VSN on Friday / Saturday here. Might even have time to get the sneek peek done. Woo Hoo
O and next months Christmas cards will be a design inspird by Christmas rapping paper from two years ago, hope they work out.
Here are this months cards

Cheers
Great card, Marg! Thanks for expanding on the technique. Congrats on completing your February challenge. Looking forward to your March!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!