View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #348
jackie1
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
I have some strange & sometimes confusing family relationships. I have two (adult) sons. They have different fathers. Dad #1 died when my oldest son was 2. I married Dad #2 when my oldest son was 7.

Two years later, when my youngest son was born, my mother and now ex-mom-in-law (mother of Dad#2) sat in the waiting room. Inside the delivery room was my now ex-hubby and my oldest son's paternal grandmother (mother of Dad#1). She was a neonatal nurse and I wanted her there with me.

My Facebook "friends" list includes sister of Dad#1, mother Dad #1, sister of Dad#2 and, yes, even my ex-hubby (Dad#2).

I was married to Dad#2 for 13 years and we've now been divorced for 13 years. (My sons are now 33 and 24) Lots of water under the bridge. Any hard feelings we had are long gone.
I think that is great that you all get along. Even though your kids are adults it must make it easier for them when there are special times like weddings, birthday, babies, etc. When you have kids with some one you will always have that connection no matter what happens in your relationship. I have two ex's and one current husband and my older kids have told me that they appreciated us getting along as they were growing up it made things easier for them. My parents were divorced when I was a teenager and even 30 yrs later we are always having to juggle around spending time with each parent during holidays and special events, it makes it really hard and frustrating.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!