View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #48
etsdas
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope this is the right place...
I am so glad to be able to give you an update concerning Betty - she is the recipient of all of those wonderful flower carts and other cards. We visited a week ago, and took some pics, but we were not able to arrange them very well - and many more have arrived since then. After our visit, Betty placed them on a wall.

I have lots to share, so this will be a bit long.
Concerning Betty - she is doing quite well. She is able to be up and about, but tires very easily and is very short of breath. They have had to deal with blood clots, fluid in the lungs, and now ports (is that the correct term?) that are healing externally but more slowly internally. Her team of doctors are a bit more optimistic. They want to keep the cancer from spreading to her bones, so will begin chemo as soon as that internal healing takes place. Her husband Don told me this morning that the doctor said he knew Betty had been told that she had 3-6 months. However in his opinion, Betty's resolve, optimism, and prayer could contribute to lengthening that time.

(Tissue time...) Don said that receiving those cards has been a tremendous boost to Betty and to him. I was at a craft sale at the RV resort this morning (Betty had been manager). I was greeted with hugs from another friend - he had been over last night and had seen the cards - so I am passing the hugs to all of you. I heard from so many people, including Betty and Don, how amazing it was for Betty to receive cards from all over - from total strangers. They were so impressed with the beauty and creativity of the cards, and appreciated the time and love put into them.

Our thanks to all of you, and we request your continued thoughts and prayers.

As I re read this, the words seem so inadequate - I hope you are able to feel the importance of what teapotters (and so many others in so many situations) do each week.
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!