View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #316
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash&rusty View Post
GRRR - now that I have put into print that I don't want to spend anything for the month of February, I get an email from our LSS that the ENTIRE STORE is having a 50% off sale - EVERYTHING!!!! . . . So, I am thinking that I might go through all of my designer paper and ensure that I have cardstock to go with it. Those that don't have matching cardstock, I might bring with me to the LSS and purchase cardstock to match. That way, I won't get frustrated and more likely to use the DP since I know I have cardstock to match. What do you all think?
I think buying cardstock to match your designer paper is reasonable and buying it at 50% of is a good idea.

What you need to be careful of is viewing all the other "deals". Now and then a deal crosses our path and we'd be silly not to take advantage. The trick is in knowing when it's a deal of a lifetime and when it's just a chance to spend money we can't afford to spend or a chance to buy something "cheap" that we don't need and won't use.

Of course, my advice is biased. I'm a recovering deal-aholic. I've spent a ton of money on cheap stuff, closeouts and bargains. Now, I've decided to save up and buy only what I truly want--even if I have to buy the item at full price.

Last edited by melissa59; 02-02-2012 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Really terrible typing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!