View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #13
PH in VA
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Understandblue View Post
Here's a thank you that came in this week: Hello,

I am a breast cancer patient at UT MDAnderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.
I saw this website address on one of the cards I picked from a big basket of breautiful cards placed on a table at the "Breast Center" and another one at the "Beauty Shop". The card I picked was yellow and white and said "you are laugh out loud funny". It said created by PH in VA for splitcoaststampers.com, so I thought I would look around your site.

I also got a card a couple of months ago from Eva Semper. I got one with penguins and one with monkeys. Luckily she had her address stamped on the back so she and I have corresponded back and forth. She told me about the group that makes cards coast to coast for us very grateful cancer patients. I searched around your site and found her name with a picture.

When I am finished treatment in about 3 months, I will return from Houston back to my small home town in Arkansas (Flippin, AR) and hope to get into something like this for the "Pietz Cancer House in Mountain Home, AR....the next bigger town near me.

Just looking around your website has been so overwhelming and I don't know where to start. I have never made stamp art cards, but only lots of scrapbooking, but are really interested in doing this for others like me (paying it forward, so to speak).

Please let me know what I need to do to get started "slowly" in this group and how I could use it to do this same kind of challenge in my hometown for the local cancer patients that choose to stay local for their cancer treatment.

Everytime I see the basket out, I pick up a couple and use them to send thank you notes to people who have helped me, sent food, or items. I love every one I pick and would like someone to pass on MY HUGE THANKS AND GRATEFULNESS FOR DOING THIS FOR US. Other people make knitted hats, scarves, pink heart shaped pillows, cotton scarf hats, etc, etc. I am so touched by the generousity of all of you volunteers .

Patricia (Pat) Dagenais
*snuffle*
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!