View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #310
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face February

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
If you get a chance, I'd encourage you to do the January challenge: create a receipt box. Just looking up at my box on the shelf reminds me of my promise to stay within my monthly budget.
Agree! My Receipt Box has 2 receipts ($16) in it for January & I'm thrilled. It did feel like an accomplishment to avoid impulse spending. I really truly also think it helped my MOJO! I got 32 scrap pages done and several cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
I remember reading about a couple that decluttered their lives of stuff....and had only what they really needed....they didn't have a tv cause - let's face it - do we really NEED it? And they had 4 plates, 4 cups, 4 forks/knives/spoons...get the idea? I thought that was so neat. Every so often I get the urge to declutter and get rid of quite a bit. But then I look around months later and realize I still have so much stuff.
I read either the same article or something similar last Spring and did a MAJOR House purge last Summer. I had a Garage Sale and got rid of the rest. Believe it or not my Stamp/Scrap Stuff didn't all fit in my Stamp/Scrap/Office! It does now but I still feel I need to declutter again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
That even goes for my stamping stuff. I honestly feel guilty about how much I have and how much $$ is invested in it. If I had taken that money and did something else with it - could I have helped someone? My guilt isn't too great though because I do use my card making as a "ministry" of sorts. And when I do declutter of "stuff" we always take our stuff to an organization that gives away items to the needy (instead of sellling them). But back to the craft stuff.....I've done better lately than usual....not buying so much stuff that I won't use. And honestly, getting away from swapping is helping that as well. Once my current swaps are finished, I'm not going to do the swapping of craft supplies any longer. I think it will help not only $$ but also with the clutter of things that I have that I will not use.
I had to unload the closet in the Craft Room because the Cable Guy had to check connections in the Attic (all for naught btw ) BUT all the closet stuff is now OUT in the extra room. DH asked when I was going to put it back, well, I've decided that it's the PERFECT time to get rid of most of this stuff. Much of this is NIP stuff sitting in plastic buckets. Like you Zella, I got it in Swaps or "Impulse" purchases. In the past I haven't wanted to let it go because it was "new" but really...I realize it's been sitting in boxes for at least a year, untouched, unused, I'm probably not going to now?! No more swaps for me either. I realized how much $$ I spent swapping for getting stuff I unfortunately don't craft with. I'm having terrible guilt just looking at it...it can't go back in, it has to go ... but I seem to be struggling?

I am going to spend some $$ this month to replace some scrapbooking paper packs I used & 12x12 CS but March will be a Stash Month for me. I would normally order right away from a new catalog but I have some 1/2 done scrap pages I'm hoping to finish before I do to have more pages done before I purchase....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!