View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #14
Savagetwin
Insane Embellisher

Default I feel ur pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleone View Post
Cinnistew- I went out and tried the sandwich that I used on my old one and I'm guessing it was probably too thick altought it didn't seem especilly hard to feed into the machine, but it my first machine it would have been way too thin and I would have had 3 sheet of cardstock in the sandwich. Is there really that much variation in machines?? I wish I would have known that!I couldn't be around the house today so will try calling Szizzix tomorrow.Thank you all for the information. When I save up abunch of money again I will go for something without a motor
Hey Girl, When my cuttlebug broke, my heart went with it. It was my first cutting machine and still my best loved. I have a big kick and now, a vagabond. My bug still rules (I was blessed by an angel and recently adopted another bug.) But, I remember that pop! It took my breath away. So, girl...I know how you feel. But, you have good things going for you. Sizzix IS the way to go. Forget about Tim for now. You need to go to Sizzix again.
You also have the advice of wonderful people here on SCS. I might advise you to learn the sandwiches. The best rule is to start off light with those shims and them build up to where it will go thru the machine. That's how my first cuttlebug broke. I had one too many shims. (There's that pop again..ugggh) Have you tried the manual machines at all? Experience with them helps with the electronic ones I think. Best of luck to you.
PS: If Sizzix fails you, then I would email Tim...after all, he put his name on it. And, he seems to take that seriously.

Last edited by Savagetwin; 02-01-2012 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: Add more information
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!